IT Support Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
- $60,000 to $85,000 Yearly
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance,
We are currently hiring an IT support specialist /Help Desk. This is a position where you will be the first line of support to solve problems and provide remote and on-site support for multiple Robust clients. This position requires flexibility, patience, problem-solving, and business savvy.
Technical skills and experience are a must, but only when accompanied by situational awareness and people skills. You will be helping people of varying technical ability navigate everything from PC/Mac and mobile device setup and troubleshooting, and you will also perform network and server maintenance tasks.
Our hours are 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM, Monday through Friday. Additional after-hours or weekend work may be required occasionally for project work or emergencies. Our office is based in San Mateo, but you will be visiting clients through the entire Bay Area, including clients in Marin, the East Bay, SF, the Peninsula, the South Bay, and even the Santa Cruz area.
We offer an excellent range of benefits, including medical, dental & vision, disability, and life insurance coverage. 401K retirement plan, profit sharing, year-end bonus. Paid time off, vacation pay, sick pay, and public holidays. In addition, we offer technical training, free food & snacks, plus others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain great relationships with our clients
- Maintain and manage hardware and software on desktops, laptops, mobile devices, and other related equipment in PC and Mac environments
- Daily interaction with our internal CRM for ticketing and tracking time and expenses as they occur
- Perform basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Utilize remote monitoring and management system
- Document EVERYTHING.
- Timely communication with customers – responding to support requests, keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages, etc.
- Proven good judgment and problem-solving skills, including escalating issues and problems as appropriate to ensure speedy resolution
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Troubleshooting skills for PC/Mac/Mobile devices (iOS and Android)
- Microsoft Office
- TCP/IP networking and DNS
- Windows Server experience, including Active Directory
- Windows and Mac OS’s
- Backup and disaster recovery solutions
- Security solutions and best practices
- Phone system configuration and troubleshooting
- Must be a people-person to get hired here
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, technical and non-technical
- Strong organizational skills; ability to balance priorities at multiple locations
- Excellent documentation skills and comfortable with Visio
- Critical thinking skills with problem-solving abilities
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Ability to build and extend existing client relationships
Robust Network SolutionsWhy Work Here?
Great teammates, great clients, exploring new technology, great training, advancement opportunities
Robust Network Solutions (www.robustnetworks.com) has been providing IT Consulting services in the SF Bay Area for 20 years. We are a boutique firm that specializes in providing high-end client support experience. Our proactive customer-first philosophy and local focus have proved to be a winning formula.
1710 South Amphlett BlvdSan Mateo, CA