Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real-time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
- Work with a team of great engineers in understanding business objectives, gathering requirements and delivering solutions
- Design and implement a multi-datacenter, multi-region data caching layer that needs to meet the ever-growing needs of Roblox as we are going through one of the biggest growth phases in the history of our company
- Analyze and improve the efficiency, scalability and reliability of our data caching environment
- Work with other engineers and SRE professionals to develop site reliability infrastructure for caching
- BS degree (or equivalent professional experience) in Computer Science, with 5 to 7 years of experience in large scale distributed systems
- Strong experience with distributed memory caching system like Memcached and Redis
- Deep understanding of cache usage patterns and caching fundamentals
- Hands-on experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages such as C#, Java, etc.
- Experience with entity framework and database fundamentals (SQL, NoSQL)
- Strong understanding of scalable and highly concurrent server architecture design
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Strong implementation/consulting experience of large-scale, distributed applications
- Excellent problem solving and multitasking skills
- Container orchestration experience is a big plus
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination.