Professional position performing a wide variety of accounting and auditing related tasks under the general supervision of a manager or an officer of the firm. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. Performance of duties requires extensive travel throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia, variable work schedules and the ability to act in a professional and confidential manner.
Representative Sample of Engagements
- Participates in the preparation of financial statements including: balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other financial reports;
- Responsibilities also include analyzing trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses;
- Performs various tests of revenues, assets, liabilities, and disbursements;
- Supervises Junior Accountant(s) as necessary
- Writes audit reports as directed by Accountant/Audit Manager
- Evaluates internal accounting controls and documents balances
- Prepares federal and state tax returns for review; and
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by a supervisor.
Requisite Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must have a degree in accounting.
- Thorough understanding of all concepts of general and governmental accounting.
- Tax preparation experience is a plus.
- Ability to organize work for a group and develop necessary work plans.
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas: verbally to both small and large group settings and in written form.
- Ability to gain and maintain confidence of clients.
- Understanding of operations of local governments.
- Familiarity with a wide variety of PC based software including WP, spreadsheet, database.
- CPA or Eligible candidate for accounting certification: CPA.
- Ability to supervise staff/personnel in performing technical tasks when directed to do so by a manager or member.
RFC provides audit and attestation services to governments, individuals, businesses and non-profit entities recognizing that each client is unique and important.
Robinson, Farmer, Cox AssociatesSince the Firm's founding in 1953, the employees and members of RFC have taken great pride in maintaining our commitment of service to our clients. RFC began as a governmental audit and consulting practice in Charlottesville, Virginia. While these services remain the backbone of our company, we have expanded our services to include non-profit and commercial audit, and income tax preparation. RFC provides audit and attestation services to governments, individuals, businesses and non-profit entities recognizing that each client is unique and important.