Enrolled Actuary - Pensions
- Posted: over a month ago
- $100,000 to $175,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical,
Nassau County TPA specializing in small plans
This is an opportunity for a seasoned Enrolled Actuary to join our team in Nassau County, NY. We specialize in small plans (under one hundred participants). Our ideal candidate has extensive knowledge of small business retirement plan issues and can perform calculations for DB, CB, and DB/DC plans, preparing and completing Form 5500/Schedule SB and performing all levels of IRS non-discrimination testing.
· EA Credentials and 5+ years of experience with small business Defined Benefit, Cash Balance and Defined Contribution Plans.
· Knowledge of ERISA, IRS, and DOL regulations.
· Membership in one of the following: SOA, ASPPA, AAA or NIPA.
· Expertise with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel applications
· Expertise with industry recognized pension valuation software
· Team Player and STRONG team training skills.
· Consultation on contribution calculations and combined plan non-discrimination testing for DB and CB plans with team members
· Review/approve new business and takeover proposals
· Preparation of Plan documents, amendments, employee communications (SPDs, Notices, etc.)
· Preparation of the annual administration package (valuation report, participant statements, and Form 5500) for delivery to the client
· Preparation of PBGC filings and AFTAP Certifications
· Represent clients in IRS/PBGC audits, investigations and VCP filings
· Consultation on plan terminations filed with IRS and PBGC
· Calculate distributions from DB Plans and prepare the appropriate election forms for the participant
· Train and be a resource for team members.
In addition to competitive pay, we also offer:
· Health and Dental Insurance
· 401(k) Plan and Cash Balance Plan with Employer contributions
· Paid Time Off
· Independent contractor arrangement considered.
Salary Range: dependent on experience
Fully Remote or Hybrid Work model available
Robin S Weingast & Associates Inc
100 Quentin Roosevelt Blvd Garden CityGarden City, NY
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?