RMWBH Law needs a Litigation Paralegal with at least 3-10 years of experience to support one of our Shareholders in our Galleria office.
- 3+ years of experience as litigation paralegal in law firm environment; insurance defense and appellate court cases experience a plus.
- Prepare pleadings, motions, discovery and correspondence.
- E-filing experience in state and federal courts
- Maintain calendar to reflect case deadlines and upcoming case events.
- Manage documents and identify pertinent documents for various projects (such as exhibits for a trial/deposition, key discovery responses or correspondence that contains relevant communications).
- Coordinate workflow and reminders for attorneys
- Various other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong ability to multi-task; high level of time-management skills.
- Attentive to details with good follow through and follow up, possess the ability to anticipate what needs to be done.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills; excellent proofreading skills.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with others, both externally and internally all organizational levels and locations.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications, including Teams, Planner, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Ability to learn and effectively utilize various computer applications and other forms of technology.
- Ability to maintain a customer/client focus and build rapport with others inside and outside the firm.
- High level of professionalism; maintain confidential information.
- Proven ability to take initiative in order to meet client/customer needs.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and remain calm in high pressure situations.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Paralegal Certificate a plus.
- Proficiency with e-filing.
- May be required to act as a Notary Public.
- Business references required.