Support Technician - Streaming Video
Roberts Communications Network Henderson, NV
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Roberts Communications Network, LLC (“RCN”) is an established, yet rapidly expanding communications service provider based in Las Vegas, NV. RCN provides 24 x 7 television programming to various distribution platforms within the USA, Latin America, and other regions across the globe. We are expanding our operations with the construction of a new, state of the art, 70,000 Sq. Ft broadcast facility. RCN is looking to add to our team of Streaming Video Technicians to support our rapid expansion.
The Streaming Media Services department at RCN distributes content to our internet based customers around the world. Technicians in this role are responsible for the daily operation of our live video streaming and digital archiving platforms, as well as providing technical support for our customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Use proprietary software to operate, monitor, and maintain a daily schedule of live streaming video feeds
- Use Windows based encoding software to create digital archives of each daily simulcast
- Analyze high volumes of archived video to ensure quality standards are met
- Provide phone and email technical support
- Analyze and troubleshoot web-based video streaming on PC, Mac, and mobile devices
- Work closely and efficiently with other technicians and departments
- One year of technical support experience in a network operation center
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Working knowledge of MS Windows, MS Office, and other PC-based software applications and web browsers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A strong technical foundation with a focus in programming and web design is desired
- Must be available to work all shifts, including early mornings, overnights, weekends, and holidays. Overnight shifts will be required.
- Ability to obtain necessary gaming registration / license(s) needed for employment with RCN
- Health plan that includes dental and vision
- Prescription plan
- Life insurance
- 401k that matches up $0.25 per every contribution dollar up to 4% of your gross.
- 6 sick/personal days per year
- Vacation Pay – 1 week after 12 months, 2 weeks after 24 months
This is a full time, entry level position. On-site training will be provided for all operational responsibilities relative to this position. If you are interested in becoming a member of our team, please send your resume in Word or PDF format. Please, no calls about this position.
Roberts Communications Network
4085 Volunteer Blvd. HendersonHenderson, NV
TechnologyView all jobs at Roberts Communications Network