Roberts Communications Network, LLC (“RCN”) is an established, yet rapidly expanding communications service provider based in Las Vegas, NV. RCN provides 24 x 7 television programming, internet based live streaming, and video on-demand services. We are expanding our operations with the construction of a new, state of the art, 70,000 Sq. Ft broadcast facility. RCN is currently looking for a LAMP stack Software Engineer to join our team.
The Software Engineer will work within RCN’s Streaming Media Services division and have a focus on The Racetrack Television Network’s family of video streaming platforms. They will update and maintain existing services and systems, and play a key role in the architecture and development of new web, mobile, and OTT based media experiences for our growing customer base. Ideal candidates for this position will be self-motivated software development professionals that have excellent communication skills, maintain a respectable breadth and depth of technology knowledge, and work well independently while also being able to thrive as part of a team. The ideal candidate will also have strong alignment with our LAMP based tech stack.
- Contribution and Ownership in all phases of the SDLC.
- Architect, Plan, Design, Write, Test, Debug and Maintain new code.
- Analyze legacy code for potential improvements, upgrades or modernizations.
- Perform bug fixes (“The Joel Test” question #5).
- Perform application risk and reliability analysis, and execute any necessary remediations.
- Extensive Experience with PHP Development.
- Broad Experience with Linux / *nix.
- Considerable Experience with MySQL.
- Experience working with PHP frameworks (Code Igniter & Laravel).
- Experience writing and maintaining vanilla PHP in both OOP and procedural methodologies.
- Familiarity with Wordpress & Developing Custom Wordpress Plugins.
- Working Experience with Bitbucket, Jira & other Atlassian Products.
- Knowledge and Understanding of different Architectures, Design Patterns & Design Principals.
- Familiarity with: SOA, Microservices, SOLID & GRASP.
- Experience creating custom APIs/REST webservices.
- Experience consuming APIs.
- Familiar with remediating PC LOAD LETTER errors.
- Familiar with Mobile Application Development.
- Proficient at Debugging and Troubleshooting.
- Emotionally Intelligent with Excellent Communication Skills.
- Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV and/or other similar application development.
- Experience with PCI DSS compliance.
- Development experience with PayPal Payflow Pro, and other payment processing mechanisms.
- Experience with VB.Net, C# and/or Python.
Education, Experience & Certification:
- Ability to obtain necessary gaming registration(s) / license(s) needed for employment with RCN.
- 5+ Years of professional experience working in Software Development.
- Bachelor’s degree, Trade School, or equivalent years of applicable experience.
- Preference given for applicable Software and/or Systems certifications.
- Health plan that includes dental and vision.
- Prescription plan.
- Life insurance.
- 401k that matches $0.25 per every contribution dollar up to 4% of your gross.
- 6 sick/personal days per year.
- Vacation Pay – 1 week after 12 months, 2 weeks after 24 months.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume in a text or PDF format. Due to the volume of inquiries that we receive, we regret that we can only respond to those applicants who possess the experience and qualifications most closely matching the requirements of this position. There are no relocation benefits available for this position. Please, no direct phone calls or emails to the employer about this position.
Roberts Communications Network