Broadcast NOC Support Technician
Roberts Communications Network Henderson, NV
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Roberts Communications Network, LLC (“RCN”) is an established, yet rapidly expanding communications service provider based in Henderson, NV. RCN provides 24 x 7 television programming to various distribution platforms within the USA, Latin America and other regions across the globe. We have expanded our operations with the construction of a new, state of the art, 70,000 Sq. Ft broadcast facility. RCN is looking for technically adept support staff to aid in our rapid expansion.
We’re looking for tech savvy candidates with prior experience taking in-bound technical troubleshooting calls, who enjoy working with customers to ensure they are provided world class service while resolving their problems efficiently and professionally. The ideal candidate will have experience in a telephone support role while having the technical aptitude to understand audio/video and satellite reception equipment.
- Troubleshoot satellite downlink equipment at remote locations.
- Perform Audio/Video monitoring for various television distribution platforms.
- Investigate and resolve satellite reception problems through verbal diagnostics with customer.
- Analyze and troubleshoot audio and video quality issues.
- Perform quality assurance checks on scheduled broadcast events.
- Qualify customer queries and attempt resolution prior to escalating.
- Configure a daily array of monitoring tools based on broadcast needs.
- Work efficiently and collectively with co-workers and all other departments.
- Log discrepancies, review history and follow up on open trouble tickets for Quality Assurance.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience of technical troubleshooting in a network operation center or broadcast environment.
- Experience working with digital receivers and related components, including but not limited to Motorola DigiCipher receivers, Dish Network STBs, and other satellite receivers.
- A background in broadcast, satellite systems or CATV environment is preferred.
- An aptitude for understanding technical concepts relating to audio, video and satellite delivered television.
- Impeccable follow through and ability to problem solve in a fast-paced environment.
- Microsoft Office suite of products and desktop operating system knowledge.
- Must be available to work various schedules, including weekends, holidays and evenings.
- Ability to obtain necessary gaming registration / license(s) needed for employment with RCN.
- Must have a sense of urgency, organizational skills and self-motivation.
- Health plan that includes dental and vision
- Prescription plan
- Life insurance
- 401k that matches up $0.25 per every contribution dollar up to 4% of your gross.
- 6 sick/personal days per year
- Vacation Pay – 1 week after 12 months, 2 weeks after 24 months
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume in Word or PDF format. Due to the volume of inquiries that we receive, we regret that we can only respond to those applicants who possess the experience and qualifications most closely matching the requirements of the positions currently available. There are no relocation benefits available for this position. Please, no calls about this position.
Roberts Communications Network
4085 Volunteer Blvd. HendersonHenderson, NV
TechnologyView all jobs at Roberts Communications Network