Join our campaign to elect Representative Robert Williams to the United States Congress in the 7th Congressional District of South Carolina!
As a veteran, a father, a husband, and a lifelong Democrat - Robert has been working to improve the lives of the citizens of South Carolina for decades. Robert has been a state representative for the 62nd District of South Carolina since 2007.
We are looking for an intern to help operate our social media accounts. Responsibilities will include:
- Drafting social media posts,
- Assisting with design and graphics needs,
- Analysis of social media trends and post data,
- Organizing and archiving visual assets,
- Other duties as assigned.
Interns can expect to learn:
- Critical thinking skills, for example, how to identify important news relevant to the mission
- Research and project management skills
- Graphic design and visual skills
- Optimizing content for individual social media platforms
- Writing skills, including how to craft high quality, compelling content
The ideal candidate will be a:
- Hardworking, motivated, passionate future leader interested in gaining experience and involvement in Democratic political communications.
- Student or recent graduates majoring in communications, design, journalism, politics, or other relevant coursework
- Those who have immediate availability and the capacity to intern up to full-time
- Those who can be available for evening or weekend work, and those who can be able during normal business hours
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
This campaign is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in hiring, in programming, and in all other aspects of the work we do. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are deeply connected to our mission, our success, and to serving the American people. Some organizational priorities include:
Building policies, procedures, and services that uplift and protect everyone and do not lead to inequalities;
Creating teams and relationships among staff, volunteers, and supporters that are reflective of the populations we serve;
Increasing engagement of communities of color, women, those with disabilities, and all people historically shut out of electoral and caucus processes;
Prioritizing the inclusion of diverse communities in internal leadership;
Fostering a culture of open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusiveness;
Creating and maintaining opportunities for engagement, education, and discourse related to issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion; and
Changing the historical culture of inequity and exclusion pervasive in political campaigns.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Campaign recruits, hires, trains, transfers, and promotes qualified candidates on the basis of individual merit and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.