June 4, 2020Have an account? Sign in.
Accountemps is currently working with a school district in need of a Staff Accountant. As a Staff Accountant, you will prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance, and general ledger reconciliation. You'll also be responsible for various aspects of internal reporting during the monthly close. You will also participate in compliance, interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and look over schedules for the reporting processes. The majority of time spent in this position involves producing Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets.
How you will make an impact
- Conduct month end close, journal entries, without supervision
- Ad-hoc tasks and special projects, as needed
- Maintain monthly payment schedules
- Aid in implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Ready complex journal entries and account reconciliations including but not limited to cash, prepaid expenses and payroll
- Participate in the month end, quarter end and year end closing process including monthly financial close workbook preparation
- Be responsible for analysis of income statements and balance sheets and communicate findings to management
- Support fixed asset ledger, depreciation, and reconciliation
- Be a part of various initiatives spanning multiple departments
- Offer descriptions of a large number of financial data and communicate insights in a useful and understandable manner
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
-Quickbooks Online/Mac experience
- Attention to detail and proven ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
- Spreadsheet and database capabilities
- Recent and relevant accounting experience
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets and databases
- Strong analytical capabilities and discernment
- Self-driven motivator who takes initiative on projects with a strong ability to understand and solve creative challenges
- Fully formed organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines
- Proficient in ERP systems
- Cash reconciliations experience
- Solid understanding of 10 Key Accounting
- Expertise in Accedian
- Proficiency in Bank Account Reconciliation
- Bank reconciliations experience
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. From accounting clerks and bookeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we provide you with access to exciting career opportunities. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!