If you're looking for a Controller position in a very dynamic and high profile area with significant visibility at executive management level, this might be the position for you! Robert Half Management Resources is looking for Controller candidates interested in being part of our client's team, in a position with broad business engagement & impact. Located in Hazelwood, Missouri, this Controller position will be on a short-term temporary-to-full-time basis. We're looking for a Controller who can manage the process to ensure that models are correct and are fully accrued each month, verify and hold the operations team accountable to ensure end to end incentive processing, payments, accounting and related financial controls are operating effectively.
- Analyze and observe controls to ensure they are effectively designed and operating in partnership with compliance
- Ongoing review of actual spend against budget and direct necessary actions needed for any expected shortfalls
- Ensure timely cash flow forecasts in collaboration with the Treasury
- Attain a thorough understanding of essential financial results and movements across programs, then be able to summarize and discuss them with key business partners
- Attain awareness of key financial results and movements across programs to summarize and discuss with key business partners
- Lead all processes of budgeting, forecasting, and reporting for all accountable programs
- Collaborate with various business partners for a variety of program controllership and FP&A activities such as upholding accurate accrual models and appropriate accounting, as well as true-up activities. Also answer queries from business, area and subsidiary controllers
- Assemble evidence and qualitative discussion of monthly financial results across global programs to support SOX controls
- Accomplished in office and accounting computer systems
- Professional accounting and controllership or public accounting and internal controls experience and/or Internal Audit or Controls and Compliance
- Aptitude for communication and negotiation, building trusted advisor/consultant relationships and influencing Executives and Business Decision Makers
- Prior background in engaging virtually with teams around the globe and providing leadership across finance teams
- Implement and improve changes in procedures immediately
- Demonstrated ability to implement solutions, strong analytical and communication skills as well
- Comprehension of ERP system offerings is preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or other relevant field
- CPA and/or CMA preferred
- Annual Financial Reporting experience required
- Cash Flow Modeling experience highly valued
- General familiarity with Monthly Financial Reports
- Adeptness in Excel Formulas
- Monthly Financials experience highly preferred
- Financial statement preparation experience highly desired
- Financial reporting experience
- Experience with Cash Flow Forecasts
- Adeptness in Monthly Financial Close
- General familiarity with Microsoft Excel
- Foundational knowledge in Federal Taxes
- Good understanding of Cash Flow Reports
- Demonstrated knowledge of Monthly Financial Reporting
- CPA experience preferred
- Hands-on experience with Cash Flow Analysis
- Previous experience working with cash flow statements
- Comprehension of cash flow management
- Proficiency in Federal Tax Return
- MBA experience desired
- Microsoft Office Application experience highly desired
- Financial Statement experience preferred
- Background working with Month-end Financial
- Practical knowledge of Monthly Financial Statements
- Prior experience with Financial Control
- Expertise in Federal Tax
- US GAAP experience
- Earlier work involving Daily Cash Flow
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Robert Half Management Resources matches senior-level financial consultants with a variety of unique interim and long-term project opportunities in areas such as internal auditing, mergers and acquisitions, tax initiatives, and much more. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at 888.490.3195 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/management-resources to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Management Resources. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.