Are you driven by high expectations? You might be a good fit for this position if you thrive in a role where integrity, reliability and leadership are valued. You might be the Controller Robert Half Finance is looking for, if you want to take responsibility for the accounting and clerical department of a successful company. The full-time Controller position is situated in the Austin, Texas area. If you can plan and direct all accounting operational functions, handle the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, evaluate accounting and internal control systems, and lead departmental staff, you might be right for this position. Candidates who can effectively manage self and others within strict time constraints when providing client services, lead while also being a team player, generate innovative ideas, and challenge the status quo, will be preferred for this position. If your ideal job offers you exceptional compensation and benefits and potential for career growth, this is a good fit!
- Ensure deliverables of self and team meet client expectations
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts and monitor them monthly
- Handle daily cash management and produce cash-flow reports, calculating cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals
- Advance Finance Department initiatives, such as software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements, as needed, with research, planning and implementation
- Guide all operations of the finance department, including accounts payable, billings & collections, and payroll
- Occasionally perform duties beyond formal job responsibilities
- Time monthly billing and other cash management techniques to make sure cash collection is punctual
- Responsible for month-end and year-end close of income statement and balance sheet, account reconciliations & G/L analysis
- Give executive committee and partners monthly financial reports
- Work closely with executive team and partners to ensure efficient and successful firm-wide operation
- Assess, execute and improve policies, procedures, controls and most methodologies
- Progressive accounting experience, including as a Controller preferred
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience working in a dynamic and changing company environment a plus
- Outstanding technology, analytics and management experience required
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Skilled in the construction and delivery of effective presentations to audiences with wide-ranging backgrounds
- Self-starter with efficient time management and organizational skills
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
- Commitment and abilities to meet critical business deadlines
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
- Construction experience
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE's "Most Admired Companies" list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at 888.490.5461 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/finance to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $110,000.00 - $130,000.00 / Yearly
Location: Austin, TX
Date Posted: June 25, 2020
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 04160-0011487526
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting u0026 Finance