Robert Half Huntsville, AL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do you have excellent interpersonal and communication skills? Robert Half is looking for a Senior Buyer candidate who knows how to effectively problem solve and possess a solid knowledge of Microsoft Office software. Located in Huntsville, Alabama, the Senior Buyer role is a long-term contract / temporary role. You'll be a good fit for this Buyer opportunity at an innovative company, if you're able to perform all functions necessary for the preparation and purchasing of materials. Do you want to become part of an success driven team and thriving culture and take the right steps toward advancing your career? Don't wait—call us today.
- You will be coordinating purchasing material, services, and product requirements for programs.
- Working with program leads to identify long lead materials.
- Work cross functionally with sourcing and program teams to select suppliers for bid and award from the approved list to achieve program objectives.
- Preparing purchase orders in Coupa and Costpoint software.
- Will ensure supplier's documentation such as terms and conditions and NDAs are ready prior to engagement.
- Managing orders with suppliers, monitoring backlog and daily order status report, adjusting schedules as needed, managing/modifying POs with overdue shipments and open orders.
- Working in conjunction with logistics team to ensure timely and economical deliveries of all materials to production location.
- Ensuring that all requirements for purchasing, storage, and transportation of materials are adhered to.
- Will be monitoring supplier’s performance and preparing reports and other records.
- Resolves discrepancies related to purchasing, delivery, receiving, accounts payable invoices, and payment to the supplier.
- Expediting materials for shortage management.
- Coordinate returns to vendor for discrepant material from receiving inspection.
- Contributes to continuing improvement efforts across all facets of supply chain.
- Minimum of 10 years tactical level experience in purchasing.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or a related field.
- Experience with aerospace defense industry products preferred.
- APICS, CPM, CSCP certification or equivalent.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment to accomplish goals while managing multiple tasks.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Outlook and Windows programs (Excel, Word, Powerpoint).
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams, and independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong negotiation skills with demonstrated results
BusinessView all jobs at Robert Half