Robert Half Kent, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
If you're looking for work as a buyer, you might be interested in this position in a very dynamic and high profile area with significant visibility at executive management level. Are you looking for work with broad business engagement & impact? This Buyer position with Robert Half will give you a fantastic opportunity to become part of our client's team. The Buyer position is located in Kent, Washington and is on a short-term contract (6 month)/ temporary basis. The Buyer will manage the process to ensure that models are correct and are fully accrued each month, verify and hold the operations team accountable to ensure end to end incentive processing, payments, accounting and related financial controls are operating effectively.
- Coordinates purchasing material, services, and product requirements for programs.
- Works with program leads to identify long lead materials.
- Works with sourcing and program team to select suppliers for bid and award from the approved list in order to achieve program objectives.
- Prepares purchase orders in Coupa and Costpoint software.
- Ensures supplier's documentation such as terms and conditions and NDAs are ready prior to engagement.
- Manages orders with suppliers, monitors backlog and daily order status report, adjusts schedules as needed, manage/modify POs with overdue shipments and open orders.
- Works with logistics team to ensure timely and economical deliveries of all materials to production location.
- Ensure that all requirements for purchasing, storage, and transportation of materials are adhered to.
- Monitors suppliers performance and prepares reports and other records.
- Resolves discrepancies related to purchasing, delivery, receiving, accounts payable invoices, and payment to the supplier.
- Expedites materials for shortage management.
- Coordinate returns to vendor for discrepant material from receiving inspection.
- Contributes to continuing improvement efforts across all facets of supply chain.
- 5+ years tactical level experience in purchasing.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or a related field.
- Experience with aerospace defense industry products preferred.
- APICS, CPM, CSCP certification or equivalent.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment to accomplish goals while managing multiple tasks.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Outlook and Windows programs (Excel, Word, Powerpoint).
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams, and independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong negotiation skills with demonstrated results
- Indirect purchasing and PO management
- Testing and engineering services purchasing
- Supplier relationship management
- Project management skills and high attention to detail
- Advanced excel skill desired
- Experience with Coupa or Costpoint systems a plus
BusinessView all jobs at Robert Half