Robert Half Technology is on the lookout for a skilled Systems Administrator who enjoys taking on new challenges and solving complex problems to join a thriving organization. If you have an aptitude for problem solving and a strong sense of ownership, this position may be for you! Come work as a long-term temporary-to-full-time Systems Administrator in Larchwood, Iowa. Don't delay - apply today!
Your responsibilities in this role
- Keep servers, load-balancers, and data storage in service across various locations
- Influence and build new designs, architectures, standards and methods for large-scale distributed systems
- Plan service capacity, forecast demand, analyze software performance, and tune systems
- Skilled in crafting, analyzing and fixing large-scale distributed systems
- Knowledge of high bandwidth HTTP traffic, content delivery and caching
- Experience with VPNs (virtual private networks)
- Expertise in VMware
- Comprehensive knowledge of Active Directory
- Proven knowledge of Microsoft SCCM - System Cntr Config Mgr
- Proficiency in network communication
- Foundational knowledge in network architecture
- Experience working with network operating systems as well as programming or scripting language
- Command of clustered and virtual storage solutions
- 3+ years of Systems Administration and Technical Support experience
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Location: Sioux City, IA
Date Posted: March 26, 2019
Employment Type: Contract
Job Reference: 01503-0010913401
Staffing Area: Technology & IT