Are you a people person and love serving others? Do you enjoy working with various departments within a growing organization?
One of our clients in the Long Beach area is currently looking for an office project coordinator!
In this role you will be responsible for working with various internal departments and external clients to help coordinate events, implement policies and procedures and so much more!
Main Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for general office administration, including but not limited to, helping to drive corporate initiatives, managing the recycle program (sustainability), coordinating safety program, monitoring and updating administrative processes and communication, supporting employees and leadership, and consistently seeking improvement on current processes/procedures.
2. Assist with coordination and facilitation of events at the site, including communicating with reserving parties to ensure all meeting needs are met, setting up and breaking down rooms, managing any food orders, and acting as Event Ambassador during scheduled events.
3. Learn and communicate basic operations of Services to others as part of events
4. Influence leaders and employees to support event efforts, warehouse needs, overall cleanliness of the building.
5. Develop and maintain cross functional relationships to drive continued commitment of programs that are implemented, continuous improvement initiatives, and sharing of best practices.
6. Work effectively across multiple organizations to deliver a consistent method of communication.
7. Measure and analyze operational spending in conjunction with management.
8. Oversee select vendor relationships to increase efficiencies and identify new opportunities. Proactively communicates with vendors.
- Requires strong analytical, organizational, and time-management skills; ability to multi-task with experience in project planning and management/coordination, including demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, work to deadlines, and manage/control a number of projects at various stages of progress.
- Basic understanding/demonstrated knowledge of business financial reports and performance metrics
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Must be an effective listener, able to maintain focus and extract necessary information.
- Demonstrated ability to create effective reports and presentations.
- Demonstrated capability in meeting/event planning and facilitation
- Associates degree in business or equivalent education/experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Operations Administration, Office management, or a similar role.
OfficeTeam is the world's leader in professional staffing for office support jobs, focusing exclusively on the temporary and temporary-to-full-time placement of professionals in the administrative field. We are faster at finding you work because of the depth of our client network. Specifically, our professional staffing managers connect with thousands of hiring managers in North America every week to find your office support job opportunities. We evaluate all of our OfficeTeam temporaries' skills and match them with the needs of top employers in their area.
Apply for this job now or contact us today at 888.490.4154 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
2019 OfficeTeam. A Robert Half Company. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $16.00 - $20.00 / Hourly
Location: Long Beach, CA
Date Posted: October 16, 2019
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Reference: 00080-9502247054
Staffing Area: OfficeTeam