Robert Half Finance is looking for a Senior Accountant with previous experience to fill an open position at a respected Construction/Contractor company. Key parts of the role include preparing and consolidating financial statements, analyzing and reconciling accounts, analyzing cash flow, creating budgets and forecasts, preparing audits, and managing internal control maintenance and regulatory reporting. Strong analytical skills and an aptitude for working in fast-paced environments are musts. Located in Jurupa Valley, California, this Senior Accountant role is with a company in the Construction/Contractor field. In addition to excellent compensation and benefits, the company offers the opporunity to advance.
- Uphold company standards when working with business partners to ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures and controls; while also providing support on special requests when required
- Produce error-free monthly accounting close procedures and deliverables such as journal entries, reconciliations, reports in compliance with GAAP
- Administer Ad-hoc projects as necessary
- Adherence to continuously improve the automation of the accounting and reporting process
- Allocate and prepare monthly consolidated P&L and Balance Sheet flux analysis reports for management
- Prepare financial analysis on trends, performance metrics, benchmarks, etc.
- Assist in coordinating quarterly reviews and testing with internal and external auditors
- Provide Balance Sheet account reconciliations
- Apply oneself to various department-wide initiatives
- Skilled with ERP systems
- Exceptional time management skills preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
- Proven knowledge of year end closings
- Financial statements consolidation experience
- Month end closings experience highly desired
- Well-founded grasp of account reconciliation
- Fixed assets experience
- Command of general ledger
- General familiarity with accruals
- Deep understanding of financial reconciliation
- SOX internal control assessments (Section 404) experience
- Proficiency with corporate performance management (CPM) and business intelligence systems required
- Demonstrated ability in exemplary analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Accounting experience in publicly-traded company a plus
- BA/BS in Accounting, CPA credentials are preferred
- 5+ years of overall general accounting experience, ideally with Big 4 experience
- Ability to prioritize work and balance multiple projects and deadlines
- Great attention to detail
- Self-starter with efficient time management and organizational skills
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $65,000.00 - $75,000.00 / Yearly
Location: Jurupa Valley, CA
Date Posted: October 12, 2019
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 00500-0011185205
Staffing Area: Finance