We are working on an exciting opportunity in the real estate industry for a Commercial Lease Administrator. This role would be based in Santa Barbara, CA.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Draft and review all lease documents including new leases, amendments, extensions, assignments, and terminations
- Research and interpret lease language in consultation with legal counsel and property managers and provide information and guidance related to various lease matters as requested by department managers and senior management
- Prepare financial and economic interpretation and analysis of potential lease deals and existing lease agreements
- Administer the commercial property segment of Yardi and ensures the accuracy of the information available to Property Managers as well as anticipate any potential impact on the financial statements
- Maintain and update copies of all relevant lease related documentation in the company's document storage portal
- Develops or works with IT/Accounting to develop new tools, including custom reports and queries to meet CPMD objectives as well as build and enhance operational systems and processes
- Calculate annual rent escalations and CAM reconciliations/estimates; work directly with tenants and CPMD department to assist in understanding the results and ensure efficient processing of any potential financial impact
- Monitor actual and budget performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variances
- Determine any percentage rent due for retail tenants based on sales reports
- Prepare tenant account analysis and reconciliations
- Oversee tenant billings, collections, and cash application
- Review all CPMD financial statements per property to verify account balances and reasonable revenue and expense amounts
- Inform management as to any discrepancies or any other problem areas that may arise
- Coordinate collection and documentation of all revenues following lease obligations of tenants per the owner's policy on accounts receivable
- Collect delinquent accounts promptly
- Communicate with accounting department to ensure the accuracy of rent roll
- Monitor and analyze generation and accuracy of lease documents and financial reports
- Provide and implement ideas and suggestions for the continued improvement and standardization to existing lease templates, financial reports, and other related documents.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Planning and organizing
- Scheduling and monitoring
- Exceptional communication skills
- Advanced analysis and problem-solving skills
- Initiative and able to work with limited supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize the tasks at hand
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion
- Knowledge of general practices of commercial property management
- Knowledge of financial principles and reporting
- Ability to interpret, write and summarize/simplify complex documents and financial/economic reports
- Proficiency in relevant property management software
- Advanced Excel experience
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and proficiency in Word
Lease Abstracts, Lease Administration, Lease Renewals, Reconciliations
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune magazine's list of "World's Most Admired Companies" since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $65,000.00 - $72,000.00 / Yearly
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Date Posted: October 7, 2019
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 01260-0011188366
Staffing Area: Finance