Paratransit Non-CDL Driver (Year Round, Full Benefits)
Roaring Fork Transportation Authority Aspen, CO
- Posted: over a month ago
Paratransit Non-CDL Driver to transport passengers with disabilities to various locations throughout the RFTA Paratransit Service area with bases in Rifle, Glenwood and Aspen area. Includes $22.00 per hour, and all RFTA benefits, including ski pass, Paid Time Off, retirement plan, and more. 2 weeks paid training and guarantee of 28 hours per week.
RFTA Paratransit is a transportation service available to anyone that has a disability which prevents their having access to transportation available to the general public, in their area. The program provides accessible, curb-to-curb, demand-responsive, driver assisted transportation to areas served by the RFTA Paratransit Group.
1. Provide courteous door to door service to passengers with a disability, including assisting passengers, as needed, with boarding and debarking the Traveler vehicle, as well as into and out of passengers' destinations;
2. Operates any Traveler Non-CDL transit vehicle safely and efficiently on any assigned route, at any time schedule, and in all weather conditions;
3. Safely transports and carryout daily duties, including passenger assistance, ensuring safe entry and exit, operation of safety equipment, including wheelchair lifts and safety restraints, in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA);
4. Develops and maintains knowledge of the transit system routes and basic operations to be able to provide information and assist the riding public, acting on behalf of RFTA in a professional and courteous manner;
5. Conducts pre- and post-trip vehicle inspections, documenting vehicle conditions and ridership
6. Independently addresses and resolves miscellaneous problems related to areas of
responsibility and informs supervisor of any problems that may arise;
7. Monitors Dispatchers, Supervisors and other RFTA Drivers two-way radio transmissions; &
8. Perform other duties as assigned by the Traveler Director and/or Supervisor;
QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must possess a valid Colorado Driver's License - CDL NOT REQUIRED
- Paratransit Bus Operator Training (provided by Paratransit personnel prior to first "show-up" assignment)
- Successful completion of a Department of Transportation medical exam, validated by documented Medical Card that is valid for a minimum of 1 year of duration.
- Some experience working with seniors and/or disabled persons is preferred.
SALARY RANGE: Starting Wage at $22.00 per hour. Hourly wage range between $22.00 and $25.56. This is a Paratransit "show-up", part-time position, with no benefits or set schedule available.
LOCATION: Location is in the Paratransit service areas; work hours are complementary to RFTA bus service hours.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Roaring Fork Transportation Authority
TravelView all jobs at Roaring Fork Transportation Authority