Non-CDL Driver (seasonal)
Roaring Fork Transportation Authority Aspen, CO
- Posted: 5 days ago
Non-CDL Bus Operators needed in November for City of Aspen bus routes. Position training will begin in November, with seasonal routes beginning around Thanksgiving Day. Potential for Summer and Winter work.
OVERVIEW OF JOB DUTIES: (See Detailed job description)
Performs all duties associated with the operation and transportation of passengers on a transit vehicle.
- Operates transit vehicle in non-revenue service while in strict compliance with RFTA policies, directives, and procedures and all Federal and Colorado traffic laws and regulations. This includes using proper defensive driving techniques.
- Maintains working knowledge of streets, current routes and stops within RFTA's service area.
- Conducts self in an appropriate manner as a representative of RFTA, working effectively in a diverse work environment, using prudent judgment at all times, performing duties in a safe manner, and assuring professional quality of services to all external and internal customers.
- Maintains current knowledge of and adherence to all RFTA operating policies, directives, and procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge of and is in strict compliance with Federal and Colorado traffic laws and regulations as well as Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations.
- Performs RFTA pre-trip inspection of transit bus for mechanical problems prior to beginning scheduled run. This includes conducting an external/internal visual inspection of the transit bus and pre-testing all necessary equipment, operating/safety devices, and transit bus controls for use while in service. Also conducts an internal visual inspection at the end of revenue service to collect and turn-in lost items.
Education: High school diploma preferred, but not required. Must speak, read, and write English. Combination of education and experience providing the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge, and ability to perform the job.
Licenses, Examinations, and Certifications: Must possess and maintain a Colorado Driver's License. Must be able to pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical examination by obtaining a DOT Medical Examiner's Certificate for a minimum of a 2-year qualifying period and then maintain current DOT Medical Examiner's Certification thereafter.
Experience: Must have three (3) years of licensed driving experience. Any combination of experience which would provide the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge and ability to perform the job is required. Some experience operating large vehicles is preferred but not required. No more than two (2) minor violations within the past three (3) years. No major violations within the past five (5) years.
JOB CLASSIFICATION, JOB LOCATION & WORK SCHEDULE:
Hiring Seasonal Positions. Incumbents must be able to complete any shift assigned to them, day, night, weekends, starting in Aspen.
SALARY: Starting wage at $19.76/hour (increases to $20.15/hour in January), plus OT opportunities at time and a half, housing opportunities. $1,500 end of season bonus, plus other applicable bonuses may apply at completion of six months of service.
TO APPLY: Complete a RFTA employment application https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/rfta/jobs
If you have questions, please contact Jeff Aldrich at (970) 384-4882 (hiring manager) or Lawrence at (970) 384-4854.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Roaring Fork Transportation Authority
TravelView all jobs at Roaring Fork Transportation Authority