Aspen CO is hiring CDL Bus Operators for Skier and commute bus services, and Milwaukee drivers would be a great fit. Come visit the mountains, learn to ski, hike and enjoy the famous Colorado weather.
Currently we are hiring Seasonal CDL Bus Operators, and this comes with the following:
- Full time: We guarantee you full time work, of 38 hours per week, from your first day through the Winter Season.
- Housing: Please see attached, we have 2 bed/1 bath units available for drivers ($650 a month per bedroom), as well as some 1 bedroom units ($950); includes utilities. We will prorate the rent for only when you are here and working. We will not charge you until you work, with no long-term commitment.
- Wage: $20.25 an hour, which increases to $20.65 an hour in 2021. Overtime is often available.
- Free Health Insurance plan: During COVID we began offering our employees our health insurance plan. This is an excellent plan that costs RFTA $680 a month per employee. Already have insurance? We pay an Opt out bonus of $75 a week to any employee with proof of insurance
- BONUSES! $2,500 guaranteed to up $3,675 (most bonuses are End of Season in April)
- We currently have a $2,000 end of season bonus if you stay through mid-April (see attached).
- CHANGE: We just decided to increase our bonuses to ADD a $500 relocation or signing bonus, and I am confident that we can offer that to any of your employees that work for us, details to follow.
- $500 weekend bonus (end of season);
- $250 Safety Bonus (end of season); and
- Free Ski Pass or $425 Activity Bonus (end of season).
- Ski Pass: Free 4 Mountain Ski pass to the 4 Aspen/Snowmass Mountains. This has always been unlimited pass, however, with COVID this could change with limited blackout dates. If you don't ski, we will pay you a $425 bonus (see above).
- More: Free unlimited Bus Pass for you and spouse and dependents, Paid training, wellness benefits, winter jacket, etc.
Education: High school diploma preferred, but not required. Must speak, read, and write English. Combination of education and experience providing the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge, and ability to perform the job.
Licenses, Examinations, and Certifications: Must possess and maintain a Class B Commercial Driver's License with a P2 endorsement (most State CDL licenses permitted in Colorado). Must be able to pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical examination by obtaining a DOT Medical Examiner's Certificate for a minimum of a 2-year qualifying period and then maintain current DOT Medical Examiner's Certification thereafter. Must pass Fitness for Duty Test.
Experience: Must have three (3) years of licensed driving experience. Any combination of experience which would provide the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge and ability to perform the job is required. Some experience operating large vehicles is preferred but not required. No more than two (2) minor violations within the past three (3) years. No major violations within the past five (5) years.
JOB CLASSIFICATION, JOB LOCATION & WORK SCHEDULE:
Hiring Seasonal (includes base health insurance) CDL Drivers, with a Valid P2 license. Incumbents must be able to complete any shift assigned to them, day, night, weekends, starting in Aspen or Glenwood Springs.
SALARY: Starting wage at $20.25/hour, OT opportunities at $30.38/hour, housing opportunities. Additional Bonuses up to $3,175 total end of Season Bonus for seasonal employees that work through April 25th.
If you have questions, please contact Jeff Aldrich at (970) 384-4882 (hiring manager) or Lawrence at (970) 384-4854.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Roaring Fork Transportation Authority