CDL Bus Drivers - Aspen (Free Health Ins. Bonuses, and great pay)
Roaring Fork Transportation Authority Aspen, CO
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
RFTA in Aspen CO is hiring CDL Bus Operators! Come live in the Colorado mountains, learn to ski, hike and enjoy the famous Colorado weather.
Drive for the largest transit agency in the heart of the Colorado Rocky Mountains! We are hiring Summer Seasonal Drivers, and offer a $1,000 Seasonal Bonus, plus $500 for CDL Passenger and Air Brake license holders.
RFTA offers a great career, amazing benefits, and includes paid CDL Training. Come Drive for us! Start as a Summer Seasonal Driver with excellent opportunity for a promotion to a Year Round employee. Seasonal Employees receive:
- Full Time Position (as Seasonal employee initially);
- Free Health Insurance for Employee;
- Paid CDL Training;
- $20.65 an hour;
- $1,000.00 Seasonal Bonus (Must commit through September);
- $500.00 bonus for Applicants with valid CDL with Passenger and airbrake endorsements;
- Housing opportunities; &
- Excellent Opportunity to promotion to Year Round Driver at end of Summer. Promotions will occur in September at the latest.
OVERVIEW OF JOB DUTIES: (Detailed job description available in RFTA Human Resources)
Performs all duties related to the customer service, operation, and transportation of passengers on a transit vehicle.
- Operates transit bus in revenue and non-revenue service while in strict compliance with RFTA policies, directives, and procedures and all Federal and Colorado traffic laws and regulations.
- Maintains working knowledge of streets, current bus routes and stops within RFTA's service area as well as RFTA's current fare structure and bus pass programs.
- Conducts self in an appropriate manner as a representative of RFTA, working effectively in a diverse work environment, using prudent judgment at all times, performing duties in a safe manner, and assuring professional quality of services to all external and internal customers.
- Maintains current knowledge of and adherence to all RFTA operating policies, directives, and procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge of and is in strict compliance with Federal and Colorado traffic laws and regulations as well as Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations.
- Performs RFTA pre & post trip inspection of transit bus for mechanical problems prior to beginning scheduled run. This includes conducting an external/internal visual inspection of the transit bus and pre-testing all necessary equipment, operating/safety devices, and transit bus controls for use while in service.
Education: High school diploma preferred, but not required. Must speak, read, and write English. Combination of education and experience providing the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge, and ability to perform the job.
Licenses, Examinations, and Certifications: Must possess and maintain a Class B Commercial Driver's License with a P2 endorsement (most State CDL licenses permitted in Colorado). Must be able to pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical examination by obtaining a DOT Medical Examiner's Certificate for a minimum of a 2-year qualifying period and then maintain current DOT Medical Examiner's Certification thereafter. Must pass Fitness for Duty Test.
Experience: Must have three (3) years of licensed driving experience. Any combination of experience which would provide the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge and ability to perform the job is required. Some experience operating large vehicles is preferred but not required. No more than two (2) minor violations within the past three (3) years. No major violations within the past five (5) years.
JOB CLASSIFICATION, JOB LOCATION & WORK SCHEDULE:
Hiring Seasonal (includes base health insurance) CDL Drivers, with a Valid P2 license. Incumbents must be able to complete any shift assigned to them, day, night, weekends, starting in Aspen or Glenwood Springs.
SALARY: Starting wage at $20.65/hour, OT opportunities at $30.38/hour, housing opportunities. Additional Bonuses up to $3,175 total end of Season Bonus for seasonal employees that work through April 25th.
If you have questions, please contact Jeff Aldrich at (970) 384-4882 (hiring manager) or Lawrence at (970) 384-4854.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Roaring Fork Transportation Authority
TravelView all jobs at Roaring Fork Transportation Authority