We are searching for a motivated, positive individual to join our team as a Property & Casualty Commercial Insurance Technician reporting to our Property & Casualty Manager. As a team member you can expect to develop a vast knowledge of the insurance industry. You will provide quality and profitable customer services and perform administrative duties necessary to maintain and grow commercial property and casualty (P&C) insurance premiums of assigned customer service representatives and producers. We offer a positive, fast paced work environment that facilitates learning and growth.
Roanoke Insurance Group Inc., specializes in insurance and surety solutions for the trade and transportation industry. Our cumulative knowledge base and experience level are unparalleled in this arena, having served this niche client base since 1935. We are a leading provider of customs bonds, marine cargo and transportation-related liability insurance, transportation-related business insurance, transportation-related bonds and ATA Carnets for the industry. As we continue to expand, we are committed to finding individuals dedicated to the success of our clients and our organization. For more information about Roanoke Insurance Group, please visit our website at www.roanoketrade.com.
• Long Beach, CA
Job Functions and Responsibilities
• Transmit correspondence to insured and carriers.
• Set-up prospect and customer files in Epic
• Input prospect and customer data into applications
• Prepare and process binders of insurance, certificates of insurance, endorsements, audits and cancellations as defined in the company procedures manual.
• Maintain follow-up system with insurance carriers to ensure requests are processed timely.
• Process surplus lines filings, affidavits and billings, as required.
• Process premium finance agreements as needed
• Assists service team with assembly of marketing materials, proposals and presentation for prospects and customers;
• Furnish underwriters with additional information as requested.
• Handle telephone requests and written correspondence.
• Maintain positive relationships with insurance markets and clients.
• Participate in industry affairs.
• Follow quality procedures and promptly correct any items uncovered by quality control (QC) audits.
• Assist in premium collections, when necessary.
• Attend and contribute to departmental meetings.
• Provide back up support, as requested.
• Utilize all available resources in order to properly maintain underwriting information and client needs- premium funding, MVR services, loss / claim reporting, various online carrier systems, etc.
• Review intranet (InfoSource) for updates, especially pertaining to surplus lines and/or procedures.
• Create and maintain positive relationships with customers and carriers.
• Perform other specific duties and projects as assigned by management.
• Pursue a program for professional development including attending and maintaining continuing education (CE) credit, as necessary for licensing.
• 1-2 years insurance experience.
• California property/casualty license appropriate to the position or be willing to sit for exam within 60 days of hire date.
• Well organized with an aptitude for details.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Understand and analyze insurance coverage’s, forms and policies.
• Work normally scheduled hours and additional time as needed.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Applied EPIC.
• Ability to perform all commercial P&C administrative functions.
• Above average math skills to work with numbers and percentages
• Microsoft Offices suite experience a must.
• Excellent communication skills-written, verbal, listening.
• Organized, creative, and self-starter.
• Proficient computer skills.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Experience in the trade/transport industry a plus.
• Applied EPIC software experience a plus.
Benefits of Working at Roanoke
Roanoke knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including medical/dental/vision, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At Roanoke Insurance Group, we value your hard work and we work hard to motivate, encourage and reward you for your efforts.
• Smart, creative, dedicated people who enjoy working together
• Competitive salaries
• Generous healthcare plan
• Voluntary dental, vision plans
• Flexible Spending plans
• 401(k) plan
• Paid time off programs
• Tuition reimbursement, continuing education opportunities and professional development
• Income protection programs
• Community involvement
• Wellness initiatives
Roanoke Insurance Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status or status as a Vietnam-era or other veteran or any other legally protected class.