AVP Digital Product Management, Billing and Collections
- Posted: over a month ago
Munich Re Specialty Group North America (MRSG N.A.) is seeking enthusiastic and talented individuals to join us as we grow. As part of Munich Re Group, we are a unique organization providing expertise in specialty and marine lines of insurance as well as surety risks and custom bonds with inhouse claims solutions.
We are seeking a full time AVP Digital Product Management, Billing & Collections to join the Munich Re Specialty Group Insurance Services division.
The AVP Digital Product Management, Billing & Collections will be responsible for developing the strategy and leading the execution of Billing & Collections capabilities for new and/or existing lines of business. They will serve as the functional expert for Billing & Collections and will collaborate with business and IT teams to establish and continuously improve an end-to-end underwriting, billing, claims and reporting platform. The right candidate will have extensive functional knowledge and experience in the commercial insurance market implementing and managing systems.
This role will be directly accountable for developing the vision and strategic Billing roadmap for all lines of business (Surety, Ocean Marine, Inland Marine, Cyber, Terrorism) and for enabling ongoing process and system enhancements.
The successful candidate will work in a high-pace, highly collaborative environment with exposure to a variety of internal and external projects with local, regional and global scope. If you’re an innovative thought leader with a passion for technology, ability to collaborate and drive alignment across functions, and who is excited about the challenge of striving to achieve aggressive goals, then join our team and let’s build something great together.
- Ensure end-to-end integrity of business capabilities using deep Billing & Collections subject matter expertise and experience to ensure it is designed and developed to meet our business objectives/strategy.
- Work with other product owners to drive the alignment, assessment, and prioritization of identified demands within each business change.
- Translate product roadmap features into well-defined product requirements including features, user stories, and acceptance test criteria.
- Deeply entrenched in all stages of the product lifecycle including planning, development, test and deployment.
- Work closely with other functions across the MRSG N.A. organization to execute the development process with technical teams, internal partners and external vendors including writing business requirements / use cases / user stories, working with legal / compliance, conducting user acceptance testing and communicating project status.
- Assess, validate, and design products, services, and solutions. Manage the intake and prioritization of enhancements to existing digital solutions while designing the digital roadmap of the future.
- Manage business partner expectations by leading the analysis of business, IT operational tasks and requirements and R&D work across the organization's Billing & Collections value chain.
- Perform functional impact analysis on any proposed changes to the Billing administration systems.
- Coordinate with IT Application support team(s) to plan and map out system releases (including defect fixes, small enhancements and upgrades).
- Drive user acceptance planning and testing of any system changes.
- Assist with operational readiness/change management activities.
- Career Band: P4
- Commercial Lines Insurance experience – supporting both admitted and non-admitted products preferred.
- MGU (Managing General Underwriter) & Brokerage operations knowledge preferred.
- Executive-level business acumen in business operations, industry practices and emerging trends required.
- 10+ years of operations management experience and delivering business and IT transformation and process improvement projects in a commercial specialty insurance market.
- Experience designing technology solutions for billing administration and agent/insured -facing payment portals is preferred.
- Experience with commercial-off-the-shelf or SaaS billing administration systems (e.g., Guidewire, DuckCreek, Majesco is preferred.
- Deep knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal and consultative skills to work effectively with vendors, clients, peers, and IT management and staff.
- Strong experience leading a team in translating a business objective and strategy into a defined services, operating model, product vision and roadmap and then executing on the required roadmap.
- Strong relationship management skills. This person will work across a large group of stakeholders, including involvement with some outside partners, demanding strong interpersonal skills, influence management and written/oral communication skills.
MRSG N.A. is the holding company for Roanoke Insurance Group (RIG) and Munich Re Specialty Group Insurance Services (SIS) located throughout 7 locations in the United States and Canada with over 250 employees.
SIS provides insurance to retail and wholesale insurance brokers in North America. Specialty lines include ocean and inland marine, cyber tech E&O, terrorism, active assailant & political violence.
RIG operates as a specialty insurance broker focused on surety, insurance and related offerings for logistics service providers, customs brokers and companies with supply chains.
We offer our employees a diverse and challenging work environment which champions high performance, professional development, innovation and passion; providing employees with a highly competitive benefits package. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including:
- Generous healthcare plans
- Voluntary dental & vision plans
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible spending plans
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Short/long term disability
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Wellbeing Program
- Community involvement
- Life insurance
At MRSG N.A., we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. We pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of age, sex, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, veteran status, sexual orientation, atypical hereditary traits, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Roanoke Brokerage Service
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?