We are a small family owned and operated Construction company. We primarily contract with Montana Rail Link and preform several roles for them. We do track maintenance; i.e. replacing switches and crossings, contracted jobs; i.e. siding extensions, road building, etc., and a derailment service; i.e. clean up after a major derailment or rerailing a few cars or locomotives. We also have some private contracts building road, setting water or sewer tanks, and other miscellaneous construction jobs.
- This job requires availability mainly during the week Monday-Friday, and to also be on-call Evenings and Weekends for the Derailment Services. We must note that punctuality is a requirement. It is expected that you respond to every derailment call, there are few exceptions, namely being out of town, that exempt you from this expectation.
- As a Laborer, it is expected that you are willing to shovel, haul chains, place tie plates, set grade stakes, operate a laser to check grade, chain down equipment for hauling, pilot oversize loads, and preform many manual labor tasks.
- You will also have the unique opportunity to Operate Heavy Construction Equipment as well. We run various sized dozers, loaders, graders, scrapers, rollers, excavators, rock trucks, as well as track cranes or derricks; depending on the job you may be operating any of the above.
- We require you to have a Class A CDL upon hire. If you are an excellent candidate and you do not have one, we expect you to obtain a CDL within 2 months of being hired on.
- There are times we travel for work in the state of MT. We expect that you are willing to be gone from time to time during the week. We do compensate your travel time, hotel, and some meals.
This position is great for someone looking to get into the construction industry as it is an entry level position with the opportunity to grow. If you have dreamed of learning to operate heavy equipment or breaking into the heavy construction industry; this job may be just for you. It is also a good fit for someone with experience, as we are grateful for employees that already have the skill to operate. If you grew up on a farm or ranch, please apply, we have found that your skill set is helpful in making a great equipment operator and laborer. If you have mechanics experience it is all the more to your benefit and ours when working for us.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour
- Safely operate various heavy equipment
- Load and unload equipment
- Inspect trucks and equipment before and after use
- Communicate need for maintenance or repair
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures
- Manual labor and machining
- Clean and organize shop, equipment, trucks, and pickups
- Pilot for oversize loads
- Hauling (if you have a CDL)
- Travel for work when jobs are out of town
- Previous experience in a construction, truck driving, farming/ranching or other related fields
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Willingness and ability to be on-call for emergency response
- Live no more than 40 miles from our shop