Writer, Marketing (Remote)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
About the role...
If you’re a wordsmith who loves to write about the educational rewards of travel, this Marketing Writer could be your dream job. We’re Road Scholar, the not-for-profit leader in educational travel for older adults, and we’re looking to add a new creative mind to our writing team. Don’t think of us as a travel company. We’re more like a university of the world, offering educational adventures in more than 100 countries.
Our ideal candidate is a lot like the Road Scholar writing style — creative, clever, authentic, pithy, interesting and quick to make someone smile. Whether you’re a seasoned copy pro or an MFA grad looking to make the world a better place, we’d love to have you join our team.
- Writing snappy and interesting copy in nearly every medium imaginable: direct mail, email, web, video scripts, our own alumni magazine, fundraising appeals, Facebook and blogs.
- Understanding (or learning) SEO keyword research and how to apply it to your writing projects.
- Working closely with the graphic designer or production artist to produce a perfect finished product.
- Proofreading electronic and print communications to ensure our high level of quality and educational standards.
- Familiarity with AP Style.
- Researching travel, aging and education-related topics to inform your writing projects.
- Brainstorming creative ways to spread our mission.
- An ethos of excellence.
- Rolling up your sleeves and bringing your best self.
- At least one bad pun.
- 2-4 years in a marketing or communications environment as a writer; or MFA graduate
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, marketing, public relations, journalism or related field
- Research, writing, editing and proofreading skills bordering on obsession
- Familiarity with marketing techniques, SEO, writing to a Baby Boomer audience and communications that support the Road Scholar brand
- Previous experience working within a creative environment, i.e., interacting synergistically with graphic designers, photographers, web developers, etc.
- Self-motivated; strong organizational skills; an ability to work on multiple projects within a project management system; accountability for efficient project movement
- A quick study; ability to adapt readily to a fast-paced work environment
- Creative thinker and team player with good diplomatic, problem-solving and common-sense skills
We offer competitive compensation and excellent benefits:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Up to 8 days of sick time
- Remote-First Hybrid Work Environment - ability to work from home!
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement Plan with a company match up to 5%
- Identity Protection
- Unlimited On-line Training thru Linkedinlearning.com
- And more… Check out our Careers webpage at www.roadscholar.org/careers for more details.
Please submit a cover letter with your resume explaining why you are interested in the position, with a couple writing samples of your work.
Road Scholar supports diversity in our staff, participants and programs.
Arts and Entertainment