Philanthropy Officer, Western Region - Remote Opportunity!
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
When it comes to creating educational travel adventures that enrich the lives and fulfill the dreams of more than 100,000 people every year, there's no organization better than Road Scholar. What's our secret? Dedicated and talented staff who believe in our mission.
About the role...
Road Scholar, a non-profit organization dedicated to inspiring older adults to learn, discover and travel is seeking a dynamic front-line fundraiser to become a pivotal member of our team as the Philanthropy Officer, Western Region. This position plays an integral role in the organization’s overall goals for revenue and donor engagement and is responsible for helping grow the individual mid-level, major and planned giving programs. With a geographic focus on the western region of the United States, the Philanthropy Officer will manage a portfolio of 150-200 prospects and donors serving as a relationship manager through the donor life cycle to qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward gifts for the present and future.
Structured for continued future growth within the organization, this position reports to the AVP, Advancement, and works closely with the all members of the Advancement Team.
Note, we ask that candidates be based in Mountain or Pacific Time. This is a remote position with a flexible schedule that will require working some nights and weekends, with responsibilities to meet with donors and travel on behalf of Road Scholar 25% of time.
We are seeking applicants located on the western region of the United States (Pacific, Mountain or Central Time Zones).
- Manage a portfolio of 150-200 prospects and donors to generate support for Road Scholar and meet revenue and established goals.
- Develop and execute strategies for each portfolio prospect and donor to move them through the gift cycle.
- Responsible for the leadership, major and planned giving lead process for the department.
- Collaborate closely with other members of the Advancement Team on lead qualification, communication, solicitation and stewardship strategies.
- Independently secure and plan one-on-one virtual and in-person donor meetings and solicitations.
- Manage correspondence, acknowledgements, stewardship and communications with assigned prospects/donors to strengthen donor relationships for long-term support.
- Maintain accurate records by diligently tracking prospect and donor contact, status, and next steps in a donor relationship management database
- Special projects and other responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5 years fundraising experience, with at least 2-3 years of frontline gift officer experience.
- Experience with mid-level giving and a proven track record of securing four and five-figure gifts; familiarity with Planned Giving a plus.
- Proven experience with independently managing a portfolio and the ability to build long-term relationships with donors; commitment to donor confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential, both written and verbal. Must be able to represent Road Scholar to potential donors and make compelling presentations and requests for support.
- Must be a self-motivated professional, with energy and persistence, willing to be hands-on with the ability to work independently and as part of a small, collegial team.
- Must have a high level of computer proficiency in standard business software including Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Power Point, and Excel). Experience working with fundraising databases required; experience with PGCalc and Salesforce a plus.
- Must demonstrate Road Scholar core values: Be Curious, Be Dedicated, Be Open, Be Honest and Be Kind.
- Commitment the Road Scholar mission of learning, discovery and travel and a desire to work with older adults.
- Willingness to travel throughout the Region (about 25% time) and ability to attend activities outside of normal work hours, with advanced notice.
Road Scholar offers a remote-first work environment with the option to work at one of the local campuses as needed. Road Scholar currently has a mandate in place with regards to working on site, attending events and/or programs. Employees are required to show proof vaccination status, including the 2 COVID-19 vaccinations and the booster.
Why join the Road Scholar Team...
We offer competitive compensation and excellent benefits:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 3 weeks of Vacation Time
- Up to 8 days of Sick Time
- Hybrid work environment - ability to work remote!
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement Plan with a company match up to 5%
- Identity Protection
- Unlimited On-line Training thru Linkedinlearning.com
Learn more at https://www.roadscholar.org/careers/
In order to be considered, please submit a cover letter with your resume telling us why you are interested in the position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Road Scholar values and supports individual differences and strives to create an environment that contributes to the success of both the individual and the organization. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy, illness, marital or veteran status or disability or any other status protected by applicable law.
AddressLas Vegas, NV
HealthcareView all jobs at Road Scholar
Get fresh Regional Philanthropy Officer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.