Job title: UI Design Intern
Reports to: Digital Design Supervisor
Status: Part-time (16-20 hours per week, with flexible schedule - Fall Semister January 2020 - May 2020)
Location: Boston, MA
Are you interested in a UI Design career after college? Are you an outgoing, creative type with solid technical knowledge who thrives in dynamic, fast-paced environments? Would you like to find out if working at a non-profit or building a career in the travel industry is right for you? Learn all that and more during this semester-long internship at Road Scholar!
Overview of Internship?
We are looking for a motivated, detail-oriented UX/UI Design intern who is eager to make a difference! During this internship, you will gain practical, hands-on experience designing user interfaces and designing and publishing digital content for web and digital communications, using brand guidelines and UX/UI best practices. You’ll get real-world experience assisting in the high-volume production of digital content in a fast-paced office environment to help you decide if a career path in marketing is right for you!
What will you do?
· You will have the opportunity to (but not limited to) do the following:
· Participate in the user research, planning, testing and design of user interfaces for the Road Scholar website
· Create wireframe and UI concept mockups
· Create low and high fidelity UI prototypes
· Assist in the design, building and publishing of digital content, including but not limited to email, blogs and web pages
Who are we seeking?
· Junior or Senior at an accredited college, university or other technical program.
· Understand the user experience and interface design process through discovery, concept, detailed design, evaluation and iteration.
· Beginning knowledge of HTML and CSS
· Working knowledge of Mac OS and Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, XD (or other experience design software), and Dreamweaver (or other preferred code editor)
· Take creative direction and translate it into your design concepts
· Productive, self-motivated, organized and able to handle diverse workload in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to be empowered and work independently and efficiently in designing from creative briefs and working to meet tight deadlines
· Capacity to think on your feet and strategically regarding branding, promotions and incentives • Ability to collaborate and iterate based on the team's needs
What are the Internship Details?
This internship runs for 16 weeks during the spring semester, between January 2020 and May 2020, subject to the student’s school schedule. 20 hours/week with flexible weekly schedule. Stipend is paid at 50% halfway through the internship and the other 50% after successful completion of the internship. College credit where applicable.
About Road Scholar…
11 Ave de Lafayette, Boston, MA
Not-for-profit Road Scholar is the world’s largest and most innovative creator of experiential learning opportunities. We curate educational travel programs for adults over 50.