Working under the supervision of the General Manager, Co-Manager, and Assistant Managers, the Maintenance employee is responsible for basic store maintenance and meeting store standards through the performance of daily, weekly and monthly maintenance activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to, the following):
- Cleaning restrooms and showers according to the prescribed methods using the prescribed products and equipment.
- Sweeping and mopping the floors of the general sales area, hallway(s), storage area(s), and office(s).
- Emptying trash receptacles inside and outside the Store.
- Washing the fuel pumps and cleaning fuel areas using proper equipment and chemicals.
- Cleaning and restocking the windshield centers, fuel pump areas, and trash receptacles.
- Keeping the Store entrances, windows, sidewalks, driveways and lot area clean and free of debris including snow and ice in the winter (if applicable). This includes regularly sweeping the lot and picking up trash from the perimeter area around the Facility.
- Cleaning and maintaining the gaming room, lounge area and other ancillary areas of the travel center.
- Inspecting and cleaning interior and exterior lighting and reporting any outages to Store Management.
- Performing basic maintenance repairs when needed.
- Completing the Travel Center Maintenance Checklist.
- Completing other duties as may be assigned from time to time by Store Management.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
- Must have completed at least some High School.
- Must be able to communicate in English and, in some locations, have conversational Spanish skills.
- Must have good communication skills and have a people-oriented focus.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described below are a representation of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
- Stand for 8 hours
- Lift 30 pounds over your head
- Repetitive motion such as cash counting, hand-keying, keyboarding, sweeping, mopping, wiping and shoveling
- Be able to work with cleaning and industry-specific chemicals
- Lift 60 pounds
- Push and pull up to 100 pounds
- Frequent bending and stooping
- Work in the heat and/or cold
- Climb up and down ladders and step ladders
- Able to tolerate heights and working in high places