Road Ranger, L.L.C., a multi-unit travel center chain, is seeking a motivated, self-driven individual for the position of Inside Sales within our Fleet Department at our Rockford, Illinois headquarters. This role will be a mid-entry level position within the Fleet Department, responsible for contacting and working with potential fleet customers in our Midwest market. The right individual for this position will have bilingual language skills of both English and Spanish, an outgoing personality who is confident, goal-orientated and comfortable dealing with various levels of individuals, including management, within a customer's organization. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of the trucking industry, sales experience, and the ability to create and work with databases and Excel (including pivot tables). As this is an inside sales position, the individual must be comfortable with spending significant time on the telephone and making unsolicited calls to potential customers.
- Responsible for daily cold calls to customers by utilizing the Salesforce data base.
- Promote and market the Company Fleet program to attract and retain diesel gallons.
- Responsible for following up with customers to obtain contracts and provide additional information.
- Provide support to existing customers.
- Field customer calls, resolve issues, and forward to appropriate sales person as necessary.
- Assist with the update of customer information in the Salesforce software data bank.
- Provide a culture of customer satisfaction with new and existing fleet customers.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of reports within the department.
- Strong relationship building and business development skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, verbal and written.
- Excellent customer service and listening skills.
- High energy, stamina, and resourcefulness.
- Driven to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Clear, common sense thinker with critical reasoning skills.
- Able to obtain information, evaluate alternatives, seek advice, make recommendations, and take action.