Parts Counter Sales
- Posted: over a month ago
Who We Are:
Road Equipment is a division of Hinton Transportation Investments (HTI). HTI is actively seeking hard-working and growth-oriented individuals that are excited to advance their careers. HTI is a family-owned business with values centered around humility, consistency, and passion. With continuous growth and expansion nationwide, the company is eager to add new, talented individuals to the team!
We are seeking individuals who are at the beginning of their sales careers. Candidates preferably have a bachelor's degree and 1-3 years sales and/or customer service experience. Heavy Duty Truck and Trailer Parts industry-related experience is highly preferred; however, we are willing to train the right individual.
Successful candidates will have a background that clearly distinguishes themselves from the crowd. We are looking for self-starters, with a background that indicates resourcefulness and resiliency. Our perfect candidate is not afraid to work for the betterment of themselves and their team.
This position is an entry level or early-stage career opportunity in Byron Center, MI that may lead to other positions with the company – such as outside sales, marketing, sourcing, operations and eventually into management and leadership! This position is a member of our customer service team. The primary responsibility of this position will be to provide phone and computer-based customer service, and to sell goods and services to accounts and prospects. The position requires frequent inbound and outbound phone calling. The position requires significant over the phone relationship development, account management, and some prospecting to support our overall goal of sustained year over year growth.
Why you will love working with us:
- You will execute and develop excellent customer service skills over the phone and in person.
- You will provide sales support to our customers, including identifying the needed parts and locating parts for customer sale.
- You will develop relationships with driven teammates that want to help you grow.
- You will be challenged by teammates and leadership to continue growing as a professional.
- You will be part of a company that is consistently growing, leading to more opportunities for you!
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Counter sales of heavy-duty transportation parts and services to current customers and prospects
- Conduct frequent inbound and outbound phone calls
- Develop relationships over the phone and in person
- Grow technical knowledge of parts essential to the heavy duty vehicle aftermarket by working the counter
- Sales associates must use catalogs and parts manuals to identify and sell
- Greet and advise customers in selection of products and their uses
- Parts Counter Sales employees are responsible for pulling and preparing orders for customer pick up or delivery
- Lift and carry up to 70lbs individually and up to 100lbs with others, when needed
- High School Diploma (GED) – Required
- Bachelor's Degree – Preferred
- 1-3 years of sales and/or customer service experience – Preferred
- Experience with Heavy Duty Truck and Trailer Parts – Preferred
- Ability to provide outstanding, friendly, and professional customer service
- Must be able to multitask
- Basic computer and math skills
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, kneel, stoop and lift/move up to 75 lbs.
- Candidates must be able to pass a background check, drug test and/or MVR check.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life Insurance/Accidental Death/Long Term Disability – Company Paid
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- 401(k) + Company Match!
- PTO after 30 days
- Paid Holidays after 30 days
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Event Leave
Why work for HTI?
Road Equipment is a division of Hinton Transportation Investments Inc. (HTI). HTI is an industry leader in heavy duty truck and trailer parts sales. The organization has over 30 locations nationwide and globally. Hinton prides itself on internal upward mobility; there are many opportunities for advancement!
Hinton Transportation Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, religion, disability, veteran or military discharge status, marital status, ancestry, or any other legally protected category.
Road Equipment Parts Center
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?