When you click the Apply Now button, you will be redirected to the Road Commission's website. The page will require you to create an account or to sign-in for returning applicants in order to complete an application.
Under the supervision of the Environmental Concerns Coordinator and/or Director of Planning and Environmental Concerns, this position is responsible for the following:
- Assists with NPDES Stormwater permit requirements; oversees RCOC’s Hazard Communication (Right to Know Act) and SARA Tier II and Title III requirements.
- Assists with compliance of State and Federal environmental regulations and coordinates with the various State and Federal agencies.
- Helps maintain the agency’s Authorized Public Agency status.
- Responds to spills and environmental contamination; assists with wetland compliance for road projects.
- Conducts water quality analysis.
- Assists with managing RCOC’s institutional controls on contaminated ROW sites.
- Administers RCOC’s waste disposal, including hazardous and liquid industrial waste.
- Assists in GIS data management and mapmaking.
- Helps manage the Natural Beauty Road (NBR) program.
- Requires a daily schedule that supports RCOC hours of operation.
- Must perform duties in a professional and courteous manner to promote a positive image of the Road Commission for Oakland County.
Additional responsibilities including special projects and assignments may be assigned as required.
Special Experience/Education: This position requires a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in Environmental Science, Biology, Environmental Engineering or other closely related major in addition to a minimum of 3 years of experience commensurate with the above duties is required.