Track worker/ Equipment Operator
Road & Rail Services Louisville, KY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Road & Rail Services
Track Worker/ Equipment Operator
Please note overnight travel is required 75% of the time
Work as a member of a crew to install new railroad track and maintain existing track and right-of-way.
Primary Activities and Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with all company rules and regulations for safety.
- Participate in group discussions including team meetings, job briefings, safety meetings or process reviews.
- Remove and replace track and components (e.g., ties, rails, bars, etc.)
- Cut rails to specific lengths.
- Adjust, lift, and roll rails.
- Sort track material for loading and unloading.
- Cut brush and vegetation from the right-of-way.
- Spray switches, angle bars and joints with oil for lubrication
Pay rates are based on experience and qualifications
Pay Ranges: $17.00 - $24.00 per hour
- High School diploma/GED
- 18 years of age or older
- Valid Driver's License
- Outside work experience (e.g., construction, heavy equipment operation, farming, landscaping, Hot work torch cutting / grinding)
- Welding experience
- Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Verbal comprehension (Understand oral and written communications--both general and technical)
- Communication skills (provide clear instructions/directions)
- Reasoning skills (problem solving and troubleshooting skills)
- Basic Math
- Heavy work, lifting to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Stoop/bend/kneel/crouch/balance/climb on an occasional basis.
- Demonstrate auditory and visual acuity.
Work outside in all weather conditions and on occasion at elevated heights.
- Please note that overnight travel is required
- Most job-related travel expenses are paid
- Please do NOT apply is you are not interested in traveling
- A Full Benefits package including Medical, Dental, 401K, Short/Long Term Disability
- Paid Holidays and Vacations
- An annual Steel Toe Boot allowance
- All Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) provided
- Veteran Friendly
- A promote from within mentality.
We appreciate and encourage our associates to share their ideas and help shape our future. We want our associates to play a key role in growing our business. With our locations across North America, there are opportunities to grow with our Company. Apply Now!
Established in 1987, Road & Rail Services has grown and diversified to become a leading provider of rail-related services in North America. Our network of skilled associates provides plant and terminal operating expertise as well as field maintenance of rail assets for railroads, rail shippers, and owners of rail related equipment and facilities. Visit us online at www.roadandrail.com for more information!
Job Type: Full-time
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Road & Rail Services
ConstructionView all jobs at Road & Rail Services