Ro Health is seeking a qualified Registered Nurses (RN) or BSN to Fill a District Nurse Position In Pajaro Valley Unified School District.
Registered Nurses (RN) Position Details:
- Locations: Pajaro Valley Unified School District
- Specialty: Pediatrics, Educational Services
- Positions Available: Full Time
- Schedule: Monday to Friday
- Target Start Date: Fall 2020
To plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate the activities and operations of the nurses office; to coordinate assigned activities with other school activities; and to provide highly responsible staff assistance to the school principal and school health assistant regarding health-related matters. Receives general direction from the Coordinator of Student Services or the Coordinator of Special Education. Exercises functional supervision over assigned technical and clerical staff.
Minimum Qualifications for Registered Nurses (RN):
- Possession of a Registered Nurse license issued by the State of California.
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license.
- Current CPR/BLS Card
- Operational characteristics, services and activities of a school health program.
- Principles of nursing.
- First aid practices, procedures, methods and techniques.
- Principles of public health administration.
- Childhood diseases.
- Pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes and regulations.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy.
- Current Negative TB Result
- 1 year with RN/BSN license
- 1 year working in schools
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Travel to various school sites within the District and perform a wide variety of nursing duties.
- Coordinate the organization and operational activities for the nurse’s office, including the first aid program and the school health program.
- Participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for the nurse’s office; recommend and implement policies and procedures.
- Coordinate or conduct student immunizations; ensure appropriate record keeping; enforce compliance with laws and regulations.
- Assess special education students requiring the direct services of a registered nurse; prepare health care plans for involved students; perform or supervise the implementation of required specialized health care procedures at school or while students are being transported.
- Attend and participate in professional group meetings; stay abreast of changes and new developments related to school health and prevention programs. Provide consultation and assistance to teachers and administrators developing programs related to school health programs; provide information and referrals regarding the school lunch program, communicable diseases, dental health programs, curriculum planning related to health education, and safety; conduct in-service training.
- Competitive Pay! Negotiable; Based on Experience
- Vanguard 401k with up to 4% Employer Match
- 8 Days of PTO per year
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Supervise and train staff.
- Interpret and explain District policies and procedures related to the school health
- Prepare clear and concise reports.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Maintain effective audio-visual discrimination and perception needed for: Making observations. Communicating with others. Reading and writing.
- Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities which may include the following: administration of CPR, administration of first aid.