Riverstone Solutions, Inc. (RSI) is seeking a Database Engineer to support currently contracted U.S. Government projects in Huntsville, AL.
Candidate should have a solid knowledge in: databases architecture, data structures, Hadoop file system and/or other big data technologies and their capabilities and a passion for working with relational (e.g. PostgreSQL) and NoSQL (e.g. Cassandra) databases, networks. Candidate will serve as Data Engineer for a team of data and AI experts working in an R&D space. The candidate will be required to support the development of an end to end solution offering, including data extraction, cross correlation of data sets and changes in data over time.
Primary responsibilities include close collaboration with data team members, managing data, and designing and developing data pipelines. The candidate will display both a passion for data and leading a cultural change in how data is used throughout the organization regarding these efforts.
Applicants must have an active Top Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance.
Candidate should be able to:
- Discuss new and innovative theories, ideas, and concepts
- Work within a diverse Integrated Product Team
- Provide design inputs and assist with decomposing to system requirements
- Develop and implement changes to the system
- Diagram and present recommendations
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or related Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Ability to collect, organize, manage and process client’s sources of information and enhance data collection procedures
- Advanced understanding of data management systems, structured and unstructured data sources and data extraction and load technologies
- Ability to process, clean, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis and ad-hoc analysis.
- Experience with data processing algorithms used in rapidly changing data streams
- Experience working with different query languages (i.e. PL-SQL, T-SQL, Hive, Big SQL and Pig).
- Scripting and programming skills.
- Experience designing and implementing a Big Data platform
Minimum Years of Experience: 5 Year
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree
Clearance Required: Applicants MUST have the ability to work in the United States and have an active Top Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance.
- MS in Computer Science or related experience
- Developing APIs and integrating data access layers across systems
- Experience developing data governance plans that include data descriptions, protocols, workflows, metadata standards, data storage
Job Type: Full-time
Riverstone Solutions, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Riverstone Solutions, Inc.
Why Work Here?Riverstone Solutions, Inc. (RSI) is a woman owned (WOSB) and historically underutilized business zone (HUBZone) small business founded in 2007, headquartered in Huntsville, AL, providing technical professional services to US Department of Defense, NASA and commercial industry.
Join a rapidly growing IT and professional services company - RSI offers excellent compensation and benefits.