Riverside Technology Inc Asheville, NC
- Posted: over a month ago
Riverside Technology, inc. (Riverside), a leading international engineering and consulting firm providing scientific analysis, scientific applications development, systems engineering and GIS services to Federal agencies, international clients and state governments, is seeking a Software Engineer to support the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's (NOAA's) National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI). This position will be performed remotely until we can safely return to our regular office environment. At that time the position may transition to working onsite at least 1-2 days per week at NOAA/NCEI in Asheville, North Carolina.
The Data Access and Development Team at NOAA’s National Centers for Environmental Information is charged with an important and publicly visible mission: Provide access to NOAA’s vast archive of climate data to the public.
As a Data Access and Development Full Stack Software Engineer, you will work on a small team using the Agile Scrum Methodology to build a reactive, configuration-based data pipeline with a microservices architecture. Most of the microservices are Java + Spring Boot RESTful API’s, the search capability is provided by Elasticsearch, the user interface is an Angular 2+ app, and data is moved around with Python. The whole application is version controlled by Git (and Gitlab) and tickets are managed by Jira. The future of the project is to integrate message queueing and ultimately migrate functionality to Apache Nifi. Will need a strong background in facilitating team education and migration efforts in parallel.
- Proficiency with Java and Spring Framework (5+ years)
- Use of Node and NPM (3+ years)
- Understanding of RESTful APIs in a microservices architecture
- Experience with Agile Scrum Methodology
- Continuous integration/deployment with cloud based tools or tools like Jenkins and Ancible (3+ years).
- Strong time management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally with attention to detail
- 16+ years of total related experience, which may include education
- Must be able to pass a background investigation to obtain a security badge to enter the applicable government facility
- Must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 by December 8, 2021 in order to comply with Executive Order 14042
- Experience with cloud computing and practices. AWS experience preferred.
- Familiarity with Apache NiFi
- Familiarity with Message queueing
- Familiarity with Testing framework (Unit, Integration, e2e)
- Understanding of MVC pattern
Riverside offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Attractive medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage that begins on date of hire
- Company paid short-term disability, long-term disability, and group life insurance
- 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Flex/health spending accounts, pet insurance, and tuition reimbursement
Riverside Technology Inc
TechnologyView all jobs at Riverside Technology Inc