- Expired: September 21, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Riverside Technology, inc. (Riverside), recognized internationally for providing innovative engineering, science, and information technology solutions to Federal and state agencies, private companies and international organizations, has an immediate opportunity for a junior to mid-level Software Programmer/Engineer working on site at NOAA/NESDIS/STAR in College Park, Maryland.
LOCATION: College Park, Maryland
Riverside is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering very competitive compensation and exceptional employee benefits. Individuals interested in joining the Riverside team should apply through the careers section of our website: http://www.riverside.com/company/careers.aspx.
**This position is a W-2 position and cannot support any candidate that needs to be classified as 1099.
Riverside is seeking a junior to mid-level Software Programmer/Engineer to support NOAA's Center for Satellite Applications and Research (STAR) and will work with atmospheric scientists on a variety of projects. The work will range from developing product assessment tools, to designing and developing scientific algorithms and applications, code integration, porting, testing and debugging, releasing and maintaining operational code and documenting software applications in both standard and High Performance Computing (HPC) environments.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or software engineering
- 2+ years of experience with Software Development/Engineering
- Proficiency in React/Next.js, Node.js is desired
- Experience with Linux platform, including shell scripting
- Experience working with large environmental datasets and scientific code is desired
- Experience using software configuration management tools in an operational software team environment (such as Subversion, git, PVCS, etc.)
- Experience with modern software engineering practices
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information and work status accurately and reliably to project leads and managers
- US citizen preferred; Must be able to obtain and maintain a national agency check and background investigation after hire
Riverside offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Attractive medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage that begins on date of hire
- Company paid short-term disability, long-term disability, and group life insurance
- 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Flex/health spending accounts, pet insurance, and tuition reimbursement
- Professional development opportunities
Riverside Technology, inc.
AddressCollege Park, MD
Get fresh Intern Software Developer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.