- Posted: March 17, 2022
Job Number: 640
Riverside Research is looking for a candidate to support the US Navy Software Factory supporting the AEGIS Weapons System. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, an independent problem solver, and have excellent communication skills both written and oral. They must also be able to enjoy learning and applying new technologies, and thrive in a dynamic, engineering-oriented work environment.
All Riverside Research opportunities require US citizenship.
Coordinate with the Government, U.S. Navy software factories, and Third-Party contractors to leverage the Forge CBDE provided by the Government to support Performance Analysis and Studies
- conduct feasibility-engineering studies and perform critical experiments and analyses to provide early concept exploration of new or alternative approaches relating to both the hardware and software elements of the ICS.
- Perform evaluation and analysis of current systems/processes to determine effectiveness of capability development, integration, and management of the ICS.
- Deliver reports outlining analysis progress.
- Analyze the impact on performance and system configuration caused by the integration of new or modified systems and equipment into the ICS. Provide recommendations to the Government on specific implementation details, final configuration, and interface requirements of the ICS.
- Work with the Government to conduct critical experiments in order to refine the potential performance of the ICS with new systems or capability.
- Perform detailed technical analysis of scenarios and provide administrative support as requested.
- Support Failure Review Boards (FRBs).
- Conducting investigations into potential ICS upgrades and emergent requirements.
- Provide liaison support to the Government activities and Government Participating Acquisition Resource Mangers (PARMs).
- Assessing critical impact of changes to ICS design and performance; define alternative integration options; determine minimal/required integration to mitigate adverse operational impacts; prepare engineering estimates.
- Assessing impacts of changes upon ship and land based sites.
- Reviewing ICS changes and maintain cognizance of PARM development plans in order to ensure early understanding of changes.
- Active TS/SCI
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineer, or comparable technical field
- 7+ years' experience
- Solid understanding of Systems Engineering, Performance Analysis, Engineering Studies and Agile SW development processes and tools
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage customer relationships and identify and pursue emerging opportunities.
- Strong C/C++, Java, and Python development skills
- Qualified candidates should also possess knowledge of software architectures, software industry best practices, and emerging software technologies. Experience in Agile processes and DevSecOps is also desired.
- Master's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or comparable technical field
- MBSE Modeling and Tools Experience
- NAVSEA Experience
- AEGIS Experience (Radar, Combat System, Ship Self Defense)
AddressCollege Park, MD
TechnologyView all jobs at Riverside Research