Systems Administrator (TS/SCI Required) - Hybrid options
- Expired: January 31, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Riverside Research is an independent National Security Nonprofit dedicated to research and development in the national interest. We provide high-end technical services, research and development, and prototype solutions to some of the country's most challenging technical problems.
Job Number: 1103
Riverside Research is seeking a Systems Administrator/Computer Scientist to help address national security challenges. We focus on growing as a team, so we'll share techniques, work through challenges, and develop new methodologies together. Join our team and solve daily challenges as we improve systems within the IC.
.All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
- Constantly look for ways to make the infrastructure better using the latest technology and the best implementation strategies.
- Analyze problem areas and opportunities for improvement in a mission critical network and combine your technical experience with communication skills as you turn metrics into information and communicate their meaning.
- Install and set up Linux systems and servers for organization-wide deployments, analyze and resolve problems associated with the operating systems servers, hardware, applications, and software, monitor systems performance, and ensure compliance with security standards.
- Provide technical support and advice to other engineering groups and guide and direct junior personnel on setup and performance.
- 9+ years of experience in virtual environments and agency unique hardware
- Knowledge of CentOS 7, Ansible, and VMWare
- Maintain, administer, and troubleshoot digital system environments, including Linux and Windows
- Experience with Operating System (OS)-level scripting and system logs, tools, and monitoring functions
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows OS-level commands
- Knowledge of networking protocols and architectures
- Familiarity of backup solutions, including Cohesity, Acronis, or Life cycle Management tools, such as Starfish
- Security+ CE, SSCP, CCNA-Security, or GSEC Certification
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and collaborative team environment
- HS diploma or GED and 19+ years of experience in systems administration OR Bachelor's degree and 12+ years of experience in systems administration OR Master's degree and 9+ years of experience in systems administration
- TS/SCI clearance with ability to complete CI polygraph
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
Riverside Research does not mandate COVID vaccination as a condition of employment. However, proof of vaccination or negative test may be required to enter certain government facilities and sites. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site-specific requirements. To protect the health and safety of its employees, their families, and to comply with customer requirements, the company requires all employees to disclose vaccination status (upon hire).
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Recruiting at email Recruiting@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the Recruiting team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit:
TechnologyView all jobs at Riverside Research
Get fresh Senior Research Administrator jobs daily straight to your inbox!