Maintenance Crew Laborer
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Building Crew Laborer
Little bit about us: Riverside Energy Michigan is a natural gas producer who is growing!!! Our field of operations runs from the western shores to the eastern shores of the beautiful state of Michigan - from Lake Michigan to Lake Huron (for example: Bear Lake, Manistee, Traverse City, Kalkaska, Mancelona, Gaylord, Hillman, Alpena). Our HQ is located in Traverse City, and we have offices in Gaylord, Lewiston, and The Woodlands Texas. With over 150 employees, Riverside is the leading natural gas producer in Michigan, operating over 4,000 wells and supplying over 40% of the natural gas produced in Michigan.
We remain focused on making a positive long-term impact in Northern Michigan, particularly with regard to extension of the Antrim Shale economic life. As such, we will continue to seek high quality acquisitions, to consolidate properties under our operations, to increase production from the Antrim Shale, and to pursue initiatives that add downstream value to our natural gas and to our CO2 by-product streams.
From our CEO, “Since our acquisition of Chevron’s assets in April 2016, Riverside’s vision has been to be good stewards of the great natural resource that is the Antrim Shale, to prolong its life, to create a fantastic working environment for our staff to prosper, and make a positive impact on local communities, which includes being good caretakers of our natural environment.”
The Building Crew Laborer is responsible for assisting the Maintenance Building Crew Lead in construction, renovation, repair, preventative maintenance, and workover projects. This position may also assist the Maintenance Mechanic, Operations Maintenance Foreman, and Pipe Line Technician with special projects throughout the year. These projects are geared towards assisting and increasing our production and providing maintenance on production and other equipment. The position applies basic and some advanced skills to perform routine and complex operations using tools and equipment appropriate for the job. The position requires the employee to apply a general understanding of the technical concepts, practices, and procedures, and has a general knowledge of construction standards, oil and gas industry standards, safety protocols, and government regulations pertaining to energy industry.
Principal Duties, Responsibilities, and/or Essential Functions of Jobs (note, this is not inclusive of all job duties):
- Report on pertinent information, including noting problems and/or recommending course of actions to Supervisor in order to decrease costs and increase production
- Perform routine, repair, adjustments, and preventative maintenance on items such as facilities, buildings, production equipment.
- This position may also trim weeds, clean up trash, grease equipment, service lease equipment, service or fix ATVs, snowmobiles, and anything else needed to keep production running smoothly.
- May assist the Pipe Line Technician with pipeline duties
- Perform work in a manner that ensures the secure and environmentally safe operation of all equipment, facilities, wells and leases
- Conduct other task as required or which are unique to the assigned geographic area - for instance, snow removal, weed whipping, driving a snow mobile or ATV
- Must be self-motivated, strong ethics, ability to work with minimum supervision, have reliable attendance and demonstrate flexible cooperative behavior in the workplace
- The Building Crew Laborer drives a company issued pick-up truck and could drive up to 150 miles per day.
- The Building Crew Laborer may operate other moving equipment as required by Riverside or other designated Company officials in performing these duties.
- The Building Crew Laborer will be responsible for visual inspections and documentation of these findings.
- The Building Crew Laborer will use multiple hand tools, shovels, rakes, pipe cutters, cutting torch, welding equipment, pipe threader, winch and other oilfield or construction equipment as applicable.
- This position requires various types and degrees of job related training with respect to well operation, maintenance work, operating procedures and safety.
- In addition to other specialized training Building Crew Laborer attend a significant amount of specialized safety training; Chemical, H2S, Confined Space, Defensive Driving, etc.
- Work schedule Examples: 10-days on / 4-days off or 5-days on / 2-days off or 4-10 hour days. Schedules are based on operational needs and position.
- Number of days worked each week: Varies
- Total hours worked each week including breaks: Varies
- Time allowed for breaks and meals: No formal times established; unpaid meal time is taken when appropriate and safe to do so (generally 30 minutes sometime between 11:00 am and 2:00 pm).
- Work Environment: Outdoors 90% (Northern Michigan weather conditions)
Physical Requirements of Job:
Amount of each day spent:
- Standing/Walking: up to 50%
- Sitting: up to 50%
- Inside: 10%
- Outside: 90%
While performing job duties, employee may be required to lift, push, pull, squat, twist, kneel, sit, and climb. Some days not very frequently and some days multiple times per hour. Riverside provides regular safety training and safety tips on best practices to keep you and others around you safe. Riverside can provide assistance for heavier items.
- lifting/carrying (0-100lbs) up to 10 times/hour; up to 8-10 hours/day
- pulling/pushing (0-75lbs) up to 10 times/hour; up to 8-10 hours/day
- to squat up to 10 times/hour; up to 8-10 hours/day
- to kneel up to 5 times/hour; up to 8-10 hours/day
- to climb ladders/stairs up to 4 times/hour; up to 8-10 hours/day
- to work overhead up to 5 times/hour; up to 8-10 hours/day
- to twist up to 10 times/hour; up to 8-10 hours/day
- to sit (driving pickup truck or riding snowmobile/atv) up to 6 hours per day (typical travel is 150 miles/day)
Physical activity required:
- Lift under 10lbs Frequently
- Lift 10-25lbs Frequently
- Lift 25-50lbs Frequently
- Lift 50-100lbs Infrequently to Seldom
- Carry under 10lbs Frequently
- Carry 10-25lbs Frequently
- Carry 25-50lbs Frequently
- Carry Over 100lbs Seldom
- Reach above shoulder Frequently
- Reach at shoulder Frequently
- Reach below shoulder Frequently
The working conditions may involve exposure to the following:
This job cannot be modified permanently, but may be modified temporarily on a case-by-case basis.
Other physical requirements:
- Manual and finger dexterity
- Hand/grip strength
- Depth perception
- Any other physical requirements that allow the employee to perform the job safely according to all company, local, state and federal regulations and requirements as applicable.
Safety equipment - this is a safety sensitive position, therefor proper PPE is required at all times. The following safety equipment is to be worn on the job, dependent on the duties and location:
- Safety glasses / safety goggles
- Hard hat
- Face shield
- Tyvek suit and/or FR (flame resistant) clothing
- Safety toed boots
- Slicker suit
- H2S monitors
- Hearing protection (ear plugs)
- Fall protection / safety harnesses
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K Matching, Legal Shield, ID Shield, Discretionary Bonuses, and Paid Time Off including Holiday/Sick/Vacation/COVID FFCRA/Bereavement/Jury
Reports to: Operations Manager
To keep our staff safe, we've implemented additional safety, disinfecting and proactive preventative measures, including working/meeting outdoors as much as possible, 6ft distancing, no shared tools or paperwork, and PPE such as gloves, hand sanitizer, and masks when and where appropriate.
Riverside Energy Michigan, LLC
1847 Calkins DriveGaylord, MI
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.