Assistant Manager - Night Shift
Riverhead Building Supply Corp. Riverhead, NY
- Posted: over a month ago
Category Store Management
Shift: Mon - Fri (2:30pm - 11:30pm)
Emp. Status: Full Time - Regular
Union Status: Non Union
Assistant Manager- Night Shift in Riverhead
Build your career at Riverhead Building Supply -Build Smarter. Build Better.
We are a Large Corporate Industry Leader in Building Supplies Employing over 700 Friendly People on Long Island, Connecticut and Rhode Island
Assistant Manager - Night Shift - Great opportunity to work for a growing company and build on your knowledge and skills to grow your career!
At RBS, you will have:
- Amazing people to work with
- Work/life balance with company-hosted family events
- A quality company to feel proud about
- Rewarding careers with supportive management
- Participation in philanthropic activities in the community
- A culture of kindness and respect
- Professional Development | On-site & virtual training
- Management that knows your name—you matter!
- Stability from our long history of success and growth
- Superior benefits including 401K, Med/Dent/Rx, LTD, more
- The opportunity to grow your career and move up the ladder!
RBS is an Employer of Choice--Voted Top LI Work Places in 2018
Assistant Manager - Night Shift - Great opportunity for growth and advancement.
Please apply online at https://www.rbscorp.com/careers/. For more info, please call 631.591.8100. Riverhead Building Supply is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Want to know more? Click here
Assistant Manager - Night Shift will work with Yard manager in a retail store and warehouse engaged in selling specific, related or general lines of merchandise by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors:
- Responsible for day to day adherence to operational procedures for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of material.
- Assist in managing health and safety, security, and emergency system capabilities and staff and customer awareness, according to company policy and relevant law.
- Utilizes all aspects of the AS400: order entry, order search, PO search, P&A, dailys, customer search.
- Plan and prepare nightly work schedules as well as assign employees to specific duties.
- Supervise employees engaged in sales and warehouse work, taking of inventories, reconciling cash with receipts, keeping operating records, and preparing daily record of transactions for accounting.
- Participates in planning personnel safety and plant protection activities.
- Inspects physical condition of warehouse, equipment and showroom.
- Prepares work orders for repairs and requisitions for replacement of equipment.
- Performs the work of subordinates, as needed.
- Responds to employee inquires or complaints.
- Locks and secures facility.
- Assists with related special projects, as needed.
Assistant Manager - Night Shift
- Previous experience in retail/wholesale materials a plus
- Overtime required
- Roofing, siding, or lumber experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university or three to six years related industry and management experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communication, as well as exceptional customer service required