The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) is responsible for promoting the health and well-being of every resident by providing direct care to residents while promoting the resident’s highest level of functioning. The CNA will assist in maintaining the resident’s environment in a safe and neat manner within facility standards and State and Federal Regulations.
The primary functions of the position include:
Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide residents with medication administration and treatment assistance and services according to health care provider’s orders, including but not limited to the following:
- Administers and accurately records in medication records the administration of medications (within an hour of scheduled medication administration) for residents as prescribed by the physician
- Administers/applies prescribed ointments/powders/other skin medications, prescribed wound care treatments, CBG and insulin medication when trained/delegated by facility nurse.
- Follow up orders/prescriptions of medications from pharmacy (and oversee medication refills) and set/follow up doctor appointments for residents
- Observes, records and reports to the Facility Administrator, Assistant Facility Administrator and/or Facility Registered Nurse symptoms and conditions of residents that could be related to medication interactions, adverse drug reactions, medication side effects or change in condition of residents.
- Monitors medications to ensure adequate accountability measure are taken when medications are ordered, received into the facility administered and change of shift as required by policies and procedure of Rivera Mansions RCF & applicable state/federal regulations.
2. Assist residents with the following Activities of Daily Living:
- Grooming and Toileting
- Assist with mobility, transferring, lifting, repositioning, stand by assist, operate transfer equipment
- Assist with social, activities and emotional needs, including any planned facility or recreational activities, and exercise
- Assist with resident’s ability to communicate (hearing aids, talking devices, facility call light system)
- Cleaning (resident’s rooms, dining rooms, bathrooms/showers, floors/carpets, hallways, kitchen, smoking areas) and laundry
3. The above duties are not meant to restrict initiative, but rather to define minimum activities. These duties may be altered to suit the needs of the Company.
Qualifications and Job Skills Requirements
The position requires a hands-on professional and have the following qualifications:
- High school graduate required; Current CNA license/certificate in Oregon is required, CPR certification required
- One to two years of experience in a residential care, assisted living or a memory care facility preferred;
- Experience and knowledge of current federal and state healthcare/assisted living/residential care facility rules and practices;
- Excellent writing and communication skills to work effectively with peers, residents, managers, and others;
- Should have excellent multitasking skills; Ability to work in a team oriented environment is required;
- This position is generally full time, although overtime may be required depending on the needs of the business.
May be required to lift up to 30 lbs. Requires basic office work, including sitting, walking, climbing stairs, kneeling, bending and operating office equipment that is hand operated.
Perks and Employee Benefits
We offer a comprehensive compensation and employee benefit package consisting of the following:
- NA Training Course Tuition Assistance
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life insurance, short term disability, AD&D coverage
- Flex Spending for Medical & Dependent Care
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Match
- Continual growth opportunities & paid continuing education
- Uniforms provided
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Mentorship program w/ supervisor
Because of COVID-19 precautions, you will need to apply online or send resume, or call HR contact number below.
HR Tel: (503) 701-3935