Regional Director / Head of IT
RiverPoint Muskegon, MI
- Posted: over a month ago
Job DescriptionDescriptionResponsibilitiesPosition RequirementsWork Conditions
Job Description – Regional Director/Head of IT - AmericasTitle
Regional Director/Head of IT - Americas
Reporting directly to the Regional Business President and matrixed to Global CIO, The Regional Director/Head of IT - America’s role is to ensure the streamlined operation of the regional IT Department in alignment with the regional business objectives of the organization and the global IT organization in Germany. This individual will plan, coordinate, direct, execute, and design IT-related activities for the Regional IT organization and provide administrative direction and support for the daily operational activities of the Regional IT Department.
In addition, the Regional Director/Head of IT – Americas, will work closely with decision-makers in other regional functional departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. This person will also help define and implement IT policies, procedures, and best practices for the region.
Lastly, the Regional Director/Head of IT will be a part of the Global CIO Leadership Team. It will lead the execution of IT-related initiatives within the Americas region, supporting the Global IT Infrastructure/Security and Business Solutions Directors. It will act as the execution arm of the Global IT Organization for the Americas Region.
Strategy & Planning
- Lead IT Department operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources within the Regional Region.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement, growth, and execution of the Regional IT infrastructure and Business Systems.
- Manage financial aspects of the regional IT Department, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for the Regional IT spending and initiatives.
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
- Develop requests for proposals (RFP).
- Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Represent the Voice of the Customer for the Business Region to the CIO Leadership team
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all regional IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
- Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Keep current with the latest technologies.
- Approve and oversee projects and project portfolios.
- Practice asset management for IT hardware, software, and equipment.
- Manage regional IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with executives, department heads, and end-users regarding pertinent IT activities.
Formal Education & Certification
- University degree in computer science and ten (10) years related work experience leading the IT function. Master of Business Administration with technology as a core component preferred.
Knowledge & Experience
- Strong technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems.
- Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards.
- Extensive application support experience with SAP and other Enterprise Level products.
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning and development.
- Proven experience with IT Controls, such as ITIL, DFARS NIST, COBIT, COSO, ISO 27001 and 900, and SCF tools
- Excellent Manufacturing Business Acumen.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures.
- Strong understanding of project management principles. PMI Certification a plus
- Strong experience in Vendor Management and Contract Creation
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Ability to perform general mathematical calculations for the purpose of creating business cases, budgets, and so on.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- On-call availability 24/7.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Moderate level of travel domestically and internationally, could be up to 50% annually, is very likely
BusinessView all jobs at RiverPoint