- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Controller is responsible planning, directing, and coordinating the finance and accounting operations of our firm. The Controller provides strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization. Oversee the production of monthly reports, financial statements, and cash flow projections for use by senior management, as well as the Board of Directors. The Controller is a member of the Operating Committee, collaborating cross functionally with other leaders on key strategic initiatives for the firm.Key Responsibilities
- Develop and/or maintain documented system of internal controls, accounting policies, and procedures. Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements
- Analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership abreast of the firm's financial status
- Manage or oversee essential processes including payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, account reconciliation, tax compliance, and special financial analyses. Specifically, the Controller has responsibility for reviewing and approving journal entries, managing organizational cash flow, and reconciling bank accounts monthly.
- Lead the annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans to compare to actual results with a view to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate
- Support the COO and CEO in engaging the board's committees around issues and trends in financial operating models and delivery.
- 10 years of accounting experience with at least 5 years of experience in financial management or a similar Controller or Assistant Controller position is required.
- Professional accreditation as a certified public accountant (CPA) is required.
- Financial experience and management experience with the day-to-day financial operations of a small to medium sized organization is preferred.
- Experience with using and managing financial software programs. Experience preferred in vetting, selecting, and overseeing installation of new software or upgraded software programs or tools.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management, board or other outside partners
- Demonstrated experience to lead a team, with the ability to recruit, mentor, train, and retain a diverse team, with the foresight and ability to delegate accordingly.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word Outlook and Teams
This position is based in our Richmond, VA headquarters, with a flexible, hybrid work schedule. . The individual in this position will operate in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers, and all-in-one copier/scanner/printer/fax machines.Physical Demands
This role requires the ability to lift (up to 10 pounds), to move about within an office environment, and to sit and/or stand for the duration of a typical workday. The role always requires the ability to communicate with others (verbally and in written form). The ability to view data and information on computer screens and on printed materials is also required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
RiverFront Investment Group
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Senior Controller jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.