SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
The Portfolio Manager - Loan Officer l - This position maintains and services a variety of business and individual loans and lines of credit, both secured and unsecured. Calls on existing customers to develop new business to and retain existing business relationships. Keeps informed as to the status of loans in their portfolio. He or she provides financial counsel to current customers and handles all but the more complex types of loans. Generally, this position requires three to five years of experience in the financial industry.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and maintains quality customer relationships; including business/personal loans and deposits, also calls to existing customer relationships.
- Makes and services a variety of business and individual loans and lines of credit, both secured and unsecured.
- Provides guidance and direction to junior staff members and resolves customer problems.
- Under general direction, underwrites credit requests and prepares credit write-ups for approval.
- Monitors and keeps informed on status of loans in assigned portfolio.
- Performs and assists in other miscellaneous duties as may be assigned.
- Responsible for assigned customer credit quality, net yield on loans and origination/funding of loans consistent with the Bank’s credit policies.
- Represents the bank at select civic and community functions to assist in developing additional business.
- May assist senior lenders as back-up officer or in analyzing credits.
- Monitors the bank’s customer Account Analysis program to insure that account relationships assigned are operating on a profitable basis.
- Comply with the requirements of the bank’s CRA Officer
- Meet measurable goals and objectives assigned annually by December 31.
Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in a Finance Related Field. One or more years lending related experience. Limited use and/or application of basic principles, theories and concepts. Basic knowledge of credit principles and banking products. Cross selling and sales skills. Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously. Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Working knowledge of computers and computer software such as Credit Spreading software, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Excel and the Internet etc.
This position requires the candidate to be computer literate and proficient in multiple computer skills; possess good communication skills, both written and oral; detailed-oriented self-starter and have the ability to meet deadlines and plan and prioritize their own work and the work of others.
Constant multi-tasking environment, numerous work interruptions, high volume of interaction with personnel, management, and customers. The work environment is characteristic of those where an employee encounters numerous distraction’s while performing the essential functions of this job.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Requires the ability to exert a small amount of physical effort in sedentary to light work involving moving from one area of the office to another; ability to reach; lift and carry 5-10 pounds; sufficient hand/eye coordination to perform semi-skilled repetitive movements, such as data entry and/or use of other office equipment or supplies; requires the ability to exert a moderate amount of physical effort to stoop, crouch, squat, and climb in the performance of assigned duties; and requires the ability to operate a motor vehicle. Talking, hearing, prolonged sitting and complex problem solving.
- The typical physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.