SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
Position operates in a centralized note and/or loan services department to complete routine daily operations and maintenance of consistent centralized work flow. Functions include document preparation, payment processing, File generation and maintenance, monthly certifications and collateral custody. Generally, this position would require two years or more of general banking experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop knowledge to be able to perform most routine duties of the Note Department, including boarding new loans and draws, prepared required ticklers and ledgers according to the predetermined policies and procedures.
- Comply with the Fair Lending, CRA and related compliance regulations.
- Under supervision use discretionary and independent judgment to prepare and accept completed loan documents and accept all loan payments of all types, loan payoffs and collateral releases.
- Follow proper procedures and controls to ensure that Loan Department Operations are being followed. May be required to review or audit Notes, Ledgers and Reports regarding loan operations.
- Develop knowledge to research and answer procedural questions that pertain to all aspects of the Loan Operations Department.
- Has ability to make all but the rather complex corrections and/or adjustments to commercial loan accounting as needed and within defined limitations.
- In coordination with loan officers, assist clients with the execution of loan documents, and answers basic questions concerning loan documents.
Minimum of two years banking experience, with prior Loan Operations and/or Note Department experience preferred. This position requires the ability to learn and comprehend loan accounting and possess strong writing skills. This position requires the ability to research problems and answer or recommend answers to questions to a variety of situations of both staff and customer. This position also requires the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, with frequent interruptions.
This position requires the candidate to be computer literate and proficient in multiple computer skills; possess good communication skills, both written and oral; detailed-oriented self-starter and have the ability to meet deadlines and plan and prioritize their own work under general supervision.
Constant multi-tasking environment, numerous work interruptions, high volume of interaction with personnel and management, and some customer contact. The work environment is characteristic of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Requires the ability to exert a small amount of physical effort in sedentary to light work involving moving from one area of the office to another; ability to reach; lift and carry 5-10 pounds; sufficient hand/eye coordination to perform semi-skilled repetitive movements, such as data entry and/or use of other office equipment or supplies; requires the ability to exert a moderate amount of physical effort to stoop, crouch, squat, and climb in the performance of assigned duties; and requires the ability to operate a motor vehicle. Talking, hearing, prolonged sitting and complex problem solving.
- The typical physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
River Valley Community Bank
Why Work Here?
River Valley Community Bank headquarters are located in Yuba City. We are fast growing company seeking qualified candidates.
Yuba City, CA