SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
Management and supervise branch staff. Ensure superior customer service delivery and operational efficiency of the branch while minimizing risk to the bank. Provide leadership to support a sales and service environment. Analyze and effectively train staff to best meet the needs of the branch and the customer. Manage staff work schedules to ensure adequate coverage at all times. Responsible for keeping branch in compliance with all bank policies and procedures and assist in preparing the branch for audits.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor customer service levels, and coach staff to achieve appropriate levels with professionalism and encouraging teamwork.
- Manage the operational staff in daily activities, workflow and problem resolution.
- Manage branch cash including researching cash outages, reviewing limits and limiting loss exposure.
- Provide and oversee training and staff development of all operational staff.
Establish a results oriented culture; implement reporting framework enabling the monitoring of unit transaction volume, establish team and individual production goals and monitor progress.
- Ensure that branch personnel maintain a current knowledge of and process work in accordance with Bank policies and procedures through ongoing training.
- Manage the annual employee performance appraisal process for all operational staff. Document staff attendance, productivity, accuracy and performances.
- Manage staffing, scheduling, technology, facilities and coordination of operations with other functional areas within the Bank.
- Participate in Federal and state regulatory exams as well as internal audits.
- Schedule and assign work to operational staff. Ensure all personnel are fully aware of and adhere to the bank’s CIP, BSA and related security procedures.
- Ensure each staff member completes the required Compliance training within the established time frames. Make sure you complete required compliance training within established time frames as well.
- Minimize branch expenses and operational losses.
- Participate in marketing, sales and business development activities as required.
- Participate in new product implementation.
- Develop and maintain consumer and business relations.
- Coordinate and conduct weekly Ops Team Meetings that include specific compliance related training and review of policies and procedures.
- Respond to more complex customer complaints and questions in a timely and professional manner.
- Respond to employee questions, concerns and complaints in a timely and professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned
- A High School Diploma or equivalent
- Five or more years banking operations experience including management and sales in a branch setting; or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- Minimum of two years supervisory experience in the operational area of a financial institution is required
- Management and leadership skills to include performance management, developing staff, recruitment and mentoring. Cross selling and sales skills a must
- Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with computers and computer software such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and the Internet
- Proficient with office machines typically used in a bank environment
- Detail-oriented, organized and ability to multi-task with an ability to follow policies, procedures, and regulatory banking requirements