A successful candidate maintains the utmost in professionalism and a very strong customer service practice in the clubhouse administrative office and reception area. Delivery of superior service to all members and guests whether on the phone or in person is mandatory. Under the direct supervision of the General Manager, this position also provides administrative and secretarial support for other department heads.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are purely representations of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Deal with a diverse group of members, guests and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Assist club department managers with daily tasks and special projects as assigned.
- Deliver and promote prompt, courteous, and friendly service. Use exceptional telephone etiquette to answer incoming calls, assist as needed, direct to appropriate personnel, deliver messages. Take personal responsibility, respond clearly and follow up with members, guests or staff to ensure their requests have been addressed, elevating sensitive situations for others to address.
- Excellent communication skills having the ability to listen well and ask questions to understand requirements and preferences. Handle confidential and non-routine information and explain policies, rules and regulations when necessary.
- Assist with member accounting, perform billing using POS system, enter payments, make deposits, process new homeowners and transfers. Generate member ID access card. Activate and distribute vehicle gate transponders. Assemble new member packets.
- Operate and organize front desk and administrative office lobby area including maintaining appearance and restocking informative documents. Generate and update club information, including calendar, newsletter, website, email.
- Perform general office work such as word processing, maintaining filing system, operating copy and fax machine. Report supply inventory levels for ordering as needed. Take reservations for member functions. Sort and route incoming mail. Process incoming checks, code invoices for payment.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint. Performs desktop publishing, drafts correspondence. Proof read copy for spelling, grammar and layout. Software proficiency in Jonas, Envera, and/or Emerge is highly preferred.
- Coordinate IT needs, contact IT support personnel and follow up to ensure satisfactory job completion.
- Work independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects. Coordinate division of workload with other department members.
- Show flexibility and be available to support others, especially during critical periods.
- Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Customer Service - Manage difficult or challenging customer situations in a caring respectful manner; respond promptly to member and guest needs; meet commitments.
- Oral Communication - Speak clearly and effectively with members, guests and employees. Seek clarification if needed and respond well to questions.
- Teamwork - Balance team and individual responsibilities. Exhibit objectivity and openness to others views. Able to support all efforts to succeed.
- Initiative – Assess and initiate things independently. Go the extra mile, above and beyond, to make things happen.
- Ethics - Treat everyone with respect; inspire the trust of others; work with integrity; uphold organizational mission and values.
Normal office environment. This job requires a mix of sitting, standing and moving, with a balance between computer-based work and verbal communication. The candidate may be required to balance priorities between different stakeholders. No unusual hazards. Generally deals in routine conversations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent, college or university program certificate and two to four years related experience and/or training in an administrative capacity.