- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Semi-Skilled Laborer
Job Code: HG5
Reports To: Manager of Public Works
Supervises: May act as crew leader directing other maintenance and laborer staff on specific projects
This is an hourly position. The incumbent is expected to work the necessary hours to meet the needs of a 24 hour establishment.
The classification of Semi-Skilled Laborer, performs or assist in performing a wide variety maintenance, construction, and repair work on structures, roads and property owned by the Dry Creek Rancheria Band of Pomo Indians. Under general supervision, performs various types of manual labor depending on assignments. The tasks performed will range from new construction, road maintenance to landscape maintenance. On various projects this classification may act as a lead worker in the field.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs manual labor and semi-skilled tasks related to the maintenance of tribal land and facilities;
- May act as a lead worker in the field directing the work of maintenance workers;
- Assist in the setting-up the job site, obtaining and setting up tools ,equipment and material as needed as well as any safety cones, barriers, or signage;
- May assist in the calculation of the amounts of materials needed for timely competition of the assigned project;
- Provide reports both verbally and in writing on the work in progress to supers and managers;
- Provide input to supervisors and managers on the work performance of subordinate staff;
- Cutting out asphalt and concrete using jack hammer, concrete saw, compressor, preparing service for patching and repair using rake shovel, brooms, oiler and roller.
- Builds forms for sidewalks and other concrete structures as needed , mixing pouring and finishing concrete work;
- Cleans, lubricates and performs preventative maintenance on equipment used on the job;
- Cleans and maintains outdoor areas, work entails cutting grass, weeding, planting and assisting in the care of shrubs, flowers and other landscaping tasks;
- Follows industry safety practices, observes all safety rules and precautions, maintains safe work areas, hold safety meeting as need for the crew member;
- Commits to the Team R.O.C.K. Philosophy.
- Acts as a role model and always present oneself as a credit to River Rock Casino and encourages others to do the same.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, department and company policies and procedures.
- Attends all required meetings and training.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
- Minimum of four years of responsible work experience in maintenance and construction work with experience in multiple construction trades.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Must be able to follow oral and written directions.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must present professional appearance at all times.
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality with respect to all matters pertaining to the gaming enterprise business.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must possess a valid California Driver's License with a clean driving record.
- Some duties may require possession and maintenance of a "Class" I or II" California license.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a gaming license from the Dry Creek Gaming Commission.
- Must be able to maneuver around all areas of the casino.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds.
- Works in an environment with exposure to dust, dirt and significant temperature changes.
- Must have manual dexterity to operate a computer and other necessary office equipment.
- Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, kneel, twist and grip items.
- Must be able to respond to visual and audio cues.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- This is a fast paced, highly diverse work environment, and the position requires the ability to remain flexible and get along with all personality types.
- Must be able to manage a number of priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to respond calmly to customer concerns and questions.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke.
River Rock Casino, in conjunction with Human Resources, reserves the right to make changes to this job description at any time.
A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TEST, FINGERPRINT, AND BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
River Rock Casino
ConstructionView all jobs at River Rock Casino