RIVER PARISHES COMMUNITY COLLEGE
ECONOMICS INSTRUCTOR OR ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
Economics Instructor/Assistant Professor
(Department of Business, Education and Human Services)
Appointed by the Chancellor of the College upon recommendation of the Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
This is a 9-month, full-time position and will start at the beginning of the Fall 2020 semester. Instructors may be assigned classes at any of the four River Parishes Community College campuses (Gonzales, Reserve, Plaquemine and St. Charles Locations), as determined by student need and institutional demand. However, we anticipate the chosen applicant will primarily teach at the Reserve and St. Charles locations. Teaching faculty are expected to actively serve on campus committees, participate in campus activities, and participate in student advising. Teaching needs will include face-to-face day and/or evening classes. Faculty are responsible for timely and accurate submission of required documentation related to human resources and instruction.
- Master’s degree in Economics or related field, with at least 18 graduate-level credit hours in Economics required.
- Required Course Instruction Ability: Introduction to Microeconomics and Introduction to Macroeconomics
- Previous teaching experience at a SACSCOC accredited institution
- Professional work experience in business, accounting or finance
- Credential to teach additional areas, including business, accounting, or Microsoft Office applications.
Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 1, 2020 or until a suitable candidate is located.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: To apply, please attach a resume, transcripts and a list of three references. The top applicant will be asked to provide original transcripts. *In the ZipRecruiter system, it is likely that you will need to save these requested items for a complete application in one document for submission.